Total Pageviews

Monday 24 August 2020

Anti-Aging Foods to Support Your 40s-and-Beyond Body


"Beautiful, glowing skin starts with how we eat, but these anti-aging foods can also help with more than that. 

When we pack our diet with vibrant foods loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, water, and essential nutrients, our body will show its appreciation through its largest organ: our skin. After all, the skin is often the first part of our body to show internal trouble, and there’s only so much that lotions, creams, masks, and serums can do before we need to take a closer look at what’s fuelling us. 

Researchers have even concluded that eating fruits and veggies is the safest and healthiest way to combat dull complexions and fine lines. Ready to glow? 

Here are ten of the best anti-aging foods to nourish your body for a glow that comes from within.

Watercress

Red Bell Pepper

Papaya

Blueberries

Broccoli

Spinach

Nuts  

Avocado

Sweet Potatoes

Pomegranate Seeds

Flood your body with powerful nutrients 
By nourishing ourselves with these anti-aging foods, we can gain fuel to look and feel our best. 

If you’re looking for more delicious plants to try, choose fruits and vegetables deep in colour. The rich shades are usually a sign of stronger radical fighting abilities to keep your skin healthy and vibrant. The more colours you can fit on your plate, the better. 

It’s time to slow down signs of aging and truly glow from within!" 
The above is just a snippet from an original Healthline article, read it in full here

Related Post
Nutrients For Glowing Skin, read it here

Impressive Health Benefits of Watercress, read it here


Watercress is an often overlooked leafy green that packs a powerful nutrient punch. Its small, round leaves and edible stems have a peppery, slightly spicy flavour. It is part of the Brassicaceae family of vegetables, which also includes kale, Brussels sprouts and cabbage. Once considered a weed, it was first cultivated in the UK in the early 1800s but is now grown in watery beds throughout the world.
Read more here, see a recipe using watercress here

Dear reader, a variety of articles and recipe suggestions are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

27 comments:

Evi Erlinda said...

I consume most of them.
They are yummy and healthy.

Elephant's Child said...

Lots of these are regulars in my diet. I wish I could find watercress more often though. It is a rare treat here.

Martha said...

Well it's way too late for me as far as 40's and fine lines go lol, but thankfully I do love going heavy on the fresh fruits and veggies :)

Tom said...

...many of them I have enjoyed for some time.

Christine said...

Thanks for this important list!

Anonymous said...

I truly like what you posted today, thanks for sharing!

happyone said...

I eat a lot of the food you mentioned.

mxtodis123 said...

I eat most of these, especially blueberries. I have a handful every night. They are good for blood pressure.

JFM said...

Love this post Jan 🌷

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic post, we should all now look 20 years younger with this advice, walking, and keeping busy. xx

Angie said...

Jan - thanks for this list. We eat many of these, but we have not had much watercress or sweet potatoes lately. Onto the list they go! Thanks too for your recent visit to my blog! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Margaret D said...

Interesting read.

sandy said...

i eat tons of spinach - ..but I guess my Irish skin just doesn't like the sun.

Interesting article.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yet another incredible reason for eating avocados.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of good foods that do us good! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Great advice. Our watercress looks totally different, very small!

Jo said...

I eat about half of the things on the list, I could definitely do better.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

This is a great list, I like most of these items.
Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

Sandra Cox said...

Wow! Good to know.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I eat quite a few on that list regularly but my skin is still awful.

Debbie said...

good eats, good to know!! the info on watercress was interesting, i had no idea!!

i eat and enjoy most of the other things regularly!!

Jeanie said...

I'm glad I love and eat most of these!

DVArtist said...

Great post. I eat most of these foods. I am 68 and not long ago I was getting an MRI. The nurse saw my age on my paper work and commented how young I looked. Must be all the good food. It really works.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love everything on that list Jan, it's always helpful if the good foods are the yummy foods 🍅

Bill said...

I already eat lots of those listed. Good food!!

Snowbird said...

I'll certainly be eating more of these foods now. I love watercress, it grows like a weed.xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

I already eat a lot of these. I should try some others of them.