Total Pageviews

Monday 8 February 2021

Snacks are GO !

People often ask what do low carbers eat for snacks? Well there are many snacks which fit the bill, for instance:-
Nuts such as macadamias, almonds, walnuts, brazils - and you don‘t need too many of them to fill that gap!
Cheese cut up some cheese such as cheddar, always great to have in the fridge, but you may prefer Double Gloucester as a change. There are endless and very tasty varieties out there! 
Olives are a good stand by too.
Celery sticks are such a great crunch. 
Pepper sticks my favourites are the red ones.
Cucumber so refreshing, the grandchildren often enjoy a few slices as a snack.

Of course if you'd like to make a tasty snack more presentable and adventurous, how about one of these suggestions! 

Avocado Hummus and Crudités
Ingredients
Serves Two
1 avocado, peeled and stoned
210g chickpeas, drained
1 garlic clove, crushed
pinch chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
1 lime, juiced
handful coriander leaves
2 carrots, cut into strips
2 mixed peppers, cut into strips
160g sugar snap peas
Instructions
can be seen here


Tuna Niçoise Protein Pot
Ingredients
Serves One
1 large egg
80g green beans
1 tomato, quartered
120g can tuna in spring water
1½ -2 tbsp French dressing
Instructions
can be seen here


Carrot Patch Hummus
(but works well with other crudités too)
Ingredients
Serves Six
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ lemon, juiced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
250g baby carrots
1 pot of parsley
Instructions
can be seen here

I could eat one now, how about you?

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe suggestions within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Great post Jan! Love all these snacks! I have to start making up some ahead of time! Big Hugs!

Tom said...

...the Carrot Patch Hummus is clever!

Kay said...

I do eat a LOT of nuts. :-)

NanaDiana said...

Hmmm..have never had carrot hummus! I am all low carb for the last 6 months. Loving it...so easy.

William Kendall said...

Good suggestions.

Christine said...

Lovely healthy snacks! It is Superbowl night in North America and you should see the wings and carbs here tonight. My hubby just had a healthy dinner on his zoom party with his friends.

Elephant's Child said...

The avocado hummus sounds particularly tasty. Thank you.

sandy said...

yum Avocado hummus. Looks good.

Margaret D said...

Looks healthy and attractive.

Jo said...

Some good ideas.

linda said...

These all look delicious, nuts are my favourite snack.

Valerie-Jael said...

These all look delicious! Have a great week, Valerie

Martha said...

Good stuff!

Martha said...

Good stuff!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Pimenta Mais Doce said...

Hey dear! Loved your post and allready followed your blog, i want invite you to visit and follow my blog back <3

www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

Sue said...

I love all of these snacks, though I must admit I was well into my 50's before I could eat olives. It seems mad that I could detest something for 50+ years and then suddenly really like them! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

DVArtist said...

I love the avocado hummus. I make it often. We snack on cheese cubs with celery of peppers. Soooo good. Thanks for all the great tips.

Lorrie said...

All of these snacks looks delicious - I'd try the Avocado Hummus first, I think.

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm not a cheese eater, but I do like humus. The carrot humus pots are so cute.

Mary Kirkland said...

I finally tried some hummus that I actually liked. I think I just needed the right brand.

happyone said...

Good snacks but I still prefer my ice cream. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Our poor grandies are sitting working at the computer all day. They have nuts. It's been quite a challenge.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

A lot of good ideas. I love all of them except, olives.

My name is Erika. said...

That carrot patch hummus pots are adorable and look so yummy!

Rose said...

Cucumbers are so refreshing. I don't know why I don't have vegies ready for snacking more often cause I really like them.

Jeanie said...

Those are all wonderful snacks. Sometimes I'll even eat a whole cucumber for lunch -- with red pepper sticks on the side!

DMS said...

I love snacks! Lots of great suggestions here. :)
~Jess

Snowbird said...

What lovely snacks. I particularly like the look of the carrot patch hummus, how cute is that.xxx

Phil Slade said...

Kalamata olives from Aldi. Dangerously moreish so buy a packet of cashews to make the olives go further.

Divers and Sundry said...

The veggie tray looks tasty, and that carrot treat is inviting. Great ideas!

Debbie said...

this is how we eat our vegetables every day. i love them raw, we don't love most vegetables cooked!! i love the carrot patch, how cute is that!!

Kezzie said...

I do love eating raw veg. We don't eat enough raw veg though. I've got some cauliflower in the fridge and you've just reminded me that I LIKE it raw!!! I bought some Tahini from the Zerowaste shop 2 weeks ago and I have chick peas so I might have to make some hummus and then I can dip cauliflower and carrots!