Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 March 2021

It's All About Choice

Back in 2014 I wrote a post called 'It's All About Choice' and it still is !

When you pick up a magazine you don't always know what's inside, what articles you'll read, what recipe idea you might try, what car you may read about!
Magazines are great because you can dip in and out - even start reading it from the back if you want to. I'm not always 'in the mood' to sit and read a book. Now when I'm on holiday (in the days before Covid), that's a different matter as I tend to read a lot of books. A holiday read is a must, which brings me on to the question are you a book person or do you have a 'Kindle'?

Most of my friends are still book people, is this an age thing I wonder? Younger members of the family go on holiday (Covid restrictions allowing) with their 'Kindle's and are quite happy, indeed there are so many on the market these days a lot more choice!

Choice is a good thing, variety is a good thing and since its inception this blog has always been about providing a choice and variety of articles, that to me is what makes a good magazine and a good blog!

Each of us has to make choices, we read, we talk, we discuss different things. We think - but of course we don't all come up with the same answer. Some might say wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same.

For thirteen years now I have been living the LCHF lifestyle and I am often asked but isn't the food you choose to eat boring? No is my answer. There are some great choices available, just look at some of the recipe's we've shown on this blog.

My choice of meals today have been:

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and low carb sausages.

Lunch - Sliced Ham with a little green salad.

Dinner - Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken - more details here

I don't always have a dessert, but choices may be blueberries or strawberries with double cream, or some cheese served with a few grapes.

Well there's a gorgeous aroma coming from the kitchen so I'm off to serve up dinner. What did you/ will you have for dinner today?


Bon Appetit
All the best Jan

29 comments:

DUTA said...

ן definitely agree with you regarding 'choice' and 'variety'. Indeed, as your post title suggests "It's all about choice", especially when it comes to nutrition.

Inger said...

For some weird reason, I can't eat eggs in the morning. So I have cereal and thus get most of my daily carbs first thing in the morning. Not good, I know.

Maybe if I keep reading your blog, I will be able to make changes. The rest of the day, I eat a healthy vegetable based diet. Not low carb though. Sometimes, but not as a base of what I eat. So far my A1c is under 7 and I have to struggle to not lose weight. Right now I would like to gain some, but can't figure out a healthy way to do it.

J C said...

Absolutely love this post. Since my household has become mostly vegetarian and almost salt free, I have discovered so many foods and especially fruits, that I never bothered with before. My taste is changing. Our household is not diabetic, but has very suddenly had to become heart healthy. I like this new lifestyle. And there really are choices galore.

Martha said...

With any kind of diet or lifestyle there's absolutely no reason for boring meals. Good healthy foods are delicious!

Anita said...

ohh the dinner looks soo tasty!
We only had chicken and noodles with salad to day!

Happy weekend to you!

Elephant's Child said...

It is indeed all about choice. I am a book rather than a kindle person. I like the weight, the smell, the feel.
Dinner tonight? A salad I think. Fennel, onion, chickpeas, tomatoes...

Tom said...

...I think that today we have too many choices!

Susan Kane said...

:=)

Catarina said...

That looks fantastic!! I'm sure it is/was delicious!
I am planning to have tofu, sautéed veggies and quinoa or Basmati rice for dinner!

eileeninmd said...

Hello.

I am not on any special diet, I just try to limit my portion size along with exercise.
I do enjoy reading my kindle. Your chicken diner looks delicious! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

CJ Kennedy said...

Himself cooked a pork roast with mustard sauce and roasted veggies. I like books, but I like the convenience of being able to carry my entire library with me with an electronic device.

Christine said...

Choice is so important.

happyone said...

I like holding a book to read but have a Kindle and like that too!

sandy said...

Interesting to read and your choices sound good - the photo of that dish looks great.

I haven't had three square meals a day in years. I eat breakfast late which isn't much and then a snack about 2 or so and then dinner. I don't get that hungry anymore.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Frozen dinner here. When energy is low, it is good to pop something in the microwave.

J.P. Alexander said...

Buenas comidas por lo general no ceno y cuando lo hago es un café con leche o un té. Te mando un beso y buen fin de semana

Lorrie said...

Yes, we all make choices about how we live, and we are privileged to do so. I eat somewhat low carb, but my husband does not - it's easy enough for me to cook rice along with the meat and veg for him, and then I don't eat it. I find we are eating less as we approach our mid-60s. Choices, choices. Have a good Mothering Sunday, Jan.

Jenn Jilks said...

We had a lovely ham last night. Everyone helped. It was wonderful. Roasted carrots, broccoli, veggie tray as well.

Maria Rodrigues said...

Here at home for many years, our dinner is usually just soup and fruit.
Your dinner looked delicious.
Greetings and hugs

Ananka said...

I think there is a lot of choice on this diet, even cutting out meat/fish and lactose. I am finding that I am cooking much more and using stuff I wouldn't normally use in my dishes.

William Kendall said...

That looks good!

Jeanie said...

I can tell from all your posts that your menus are never boring. They look quite delicious, this one, too!

CherryPie said...

I am definitely a book person. I only read a book on my iPad if it is out of print and I can't purchase a copy. These are history books rather than novels.

Divers and Sundry said...

Amen to choice and variety. This way of eating has at least as much variety as other options.

Kay said...

Wow, Jan! You really do have wonderful meals. They are varied and they sound really delicious.

Susan Kane said...

yummmmmmmm.

Magic Love Crow said...

Great post Jan! Big Hugs!

Rose said...

I am a kindle person...but still read books occasionally. But love that I can read my kindle if Lorelei is asleep beside me without turning on a light. I have a dozen books or so that I have both hard copy and kindle copy. One of my daughtes won't even talk about a kindle, the other one that is what she uses. I had a friend that would not think about a kindle, then someone got her one and she asked me why Had I not tried to talk her into one. Like me she still reads books, too.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm a book person though I can see the advantages of a Kindle. Tonight's dinner will probably be vegetables in a lentil sauce with noodles.