Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Take A Walk In The Park Day : March 30th

Today is 30th March and it's 'Take a walk in the park day'. Yes, a great day to stretch your legs and get some fresh air. If the weather holds up why not even go out and have a picnic, Covid 19 restrictions permitting.


When cities are being designed one of the primary things they ensure to make space for is city parks. From small parks the size of just a couple of blocks to large ones that cover acres of land, city planners know the importance of providing green areas for people to go. Take A Walk In The Park Day celebrates these small excursions and the differences they can make to our mental, physical, and emotional health.

History of Take A Walk In The Park Day
This day was founded to help people reconnect with the wilder spaces within our civilized world. Thousands of people all over the country walk in local parks, exploring the wildlife and beauty of the natural world around them.

During these walks many opt to bring cameras so they can take pictures of the beauty they find, others opt to bring a book and enjoy the peace of the natural space. Jogging, playing games, drawing pictures from nature, all of these are things people do when they go out and enjoy time in the park.

Getting out into nature has been proven to have a number of therapeutic effects on those who take the time to do it. Their stress levels go down, their heart and mind feel refreshed, their creativity gets inspired, and they become more productive at work. All of this doesn’t even include the physical health benefits they get from walking in the park.

Keeping our bodies in motion and remaining active are important parts of our long term health. Daily walks help keep joints healthy, our muscles limber, and our hearts beating steadily. Every day you walk walking gets to be just a little bit easier and you’ll find yourself less tired than the day before. Take A Walk In The Park Day encourages you to get out and do that, every day of the year.

How To Celebrate Take A Walk In The Park Day
Celebrating this day is as simple as doing what it says on the tin, go take a walk in the park! Everyday people take walks as an easy way to get exercise and reconnect with nature, and that’s been proven to have a positive effect on our sense of well-being. Taking a walk can relieve stress, ease worries, and otherwise make every day just a little bit better. 
Above information from here

Are you planning on enjoying a walk today? I may not walk in a park but I hope to enjoy a leisurely walk locally.
Enjoy your day.

All the best Jan

50 comments:

Inger said...

How nice to have a - Walk in the Park Day - as you may know I live in the wilderness, more or less. It's hilly and I often think a nice walk in a park would be just the thing. A flat landscape park.

Martha said...

Maybe not a walk in the park, but I do take a daily walk on the beach. :)

Tom said...

...Take A Walk In The Park Day is new to me, what a neat idea.

Jeanie said...

I didn't know it had its own day -- but it will be beautiful here tomorrow so definitely a walk in the park!

aussie aNNie said...

This is absolutely beautiful scene....love my walks.x

J.P. Alexander said...

Me gusto caminar por los parques te mando un beso

Christine said...

I will likely go for a walk today!

Elephant's Child said...

I hope your walk in the park (and perhaps picnic) is wonderful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I would like to take a walk this morning, but hubby goes for his first vaccine shot today.
The park photo is lovely! Take care, enjoy your day!

Iris Flavia said...

I´m so lucky, I have a park 5 minutes of walking from this chair :-)
Bye-bye, it´s sunny, too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Walking in parks is always a great idea! Have a good week, Valerie

Lady Fi said...

What a lovely shot! I've had two lovely walks - one long one in the woods.

Ananka said...

Nice photo. I enjoy walking through the woods and try to most days but the weather up here has been dreadful...wild winds, rain and cold. Typical Scotland haha!

CJ Kennedy said...

No walk in the park today as I'm teaching online. I did get outside over the weekend to do some yard work. Enjoy your day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello,:=) The photo is lovely, and inviting. I have never heard of "Take A WALK in The PARK Day" but weather permitting I do try to walk in the forest, and on our farm, and always feel invigorated when I do.

Sami said...

I had never heard of that special day, but I suppose every day is a good day to walk in the park :)
Have a lovely day Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I so look forward to the day I can walk again outside, I am able to do the few feet in the house but that's all after my foot surgery, and it is so hard as everything is starting to bloom, but hopefully it won't be long

Blogoratti said...

Nothing like a nice walk in the park. Greetings!

NanaDiana said...

What a pretty park picture. We have a park-like area right behind the condo. Scruffy loves it! xo Diana

pam nash said...

Great idea while the temps are still mild!

Bill said...

A walk anywhere is nice, a park makes it a lot better.

Hootin Anni said...

Of all days, I didn't go walking. Unusual for me. Now, I wish I had.

happyone said...

Didn't know it was take a walk day but I do that every day!! :)

DUTA said...

Walking in general, and walking in Nature (parks, woods, beaches) in particular, have great health benefits. No doubt about that. Luckily, there are two little parks near my home, so,either direction I turn to go, I have to enter one of the parks.

Pam said...

A nice walk in the park, out in nature, on a nice day is always amazing.

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Love me some walking time! Good for both our physical and mental health!! ;-)

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful scene! Great to get out and walk not only for health but for the beauty.

Linda said...

I did! I didn't walk very far but I enjoyed it. Beautiful day.

linda said...

I didn't know there was a walk in the park day so what a coincidence that I went for a walk in a beautiful park I had never visited yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Steve Parker, M.D. said...

That's a beautiful picture at top of the post..
-Steve

Victor S E Moubarak said...

There are some lovely parks and river walks in the UK. How fortunate.

God bless.

Sue said...

Well I didn't know that it had its own special day! We walk in our park at least once or twice a week, as it's very local. We are really lucky with the paths that we have very close to home, though some get very muddy in Winter. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Rose said...

I would love to have a park like that nearby...that is such an inviting photograph!

Divers and Sundry said...

We had rain here, but a walk in a park is a lovely idea :)

Bob Bushell said...

A long view nature spring under air, beautiful Jan.

Teresa said...

Fue un lindo paseo. Besos.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Thanks for this post and reminding me of the many benefits of walking and communing with nature. I don’t do it enough. Have a blessed Easter.❤️

Lorrie said...

I walked with my daughter and two young granddaughters to a park yesterday. I am so thankful for planners who recognize the need and benefits of parks. We have many of them nearby. Beautiful photos!

DVArtist said...

Would love to take a walk in that park.

Snowbird said...

Loving the idea of taking a walk in the park day, and that sure does look like a lovely park.xxx

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you took a wonderful walk.

William Kendall said...

I walk through a nearby park nearly every day.

baili said...

even in our under developing countries there are parks and playgrounds though not so many or as large but still they provide healthy environment to inhabitants.

i enjoyed learning about this dear Jan as i love time spending in park specially morning or evening

sandy said...

I usually walk trails as there is only a few parks up here in the mountains close enough for me to go to.
Walking fills me with such peace.

Debbie said...

i heard about this special day, i never knew it existed before now!!! now-a-days, there is a day for everything!! it's a beautiful place, i can't wait to see the spring blooming trees!!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The area where I live is blessed with a good deal of green space and we take full advantage of it. The parks are seldom crowded, however (thank goodness!) so it appears that many do not value the therapeutic benefits of a walk in the park.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just had to come back to this post! A walk in the park...my favorite way to spend the day! Fun reading the history of this special day. Happy weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Love walking ~ we walk along the ocean ~ Xo

Living moment by moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

I love walking and I love this post! Thank you! Big Hugs!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a great idea to have a day designated for this. But yes: covid-19 rules permitting. :-(