Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 October 2022

October - Time for the first of the month quiz - plus - recipe for Autumn Frittata with Butternut Squash and Spinach

~ some October foods in season, read more here ~

As we welcome October, the tenth month of the year, it's time for the first of the month quiz. I'm only asking seven questions; I hope you may have a go at answering them.

What is Halloween better known as?

All Hallows’ Eve
Candy Day
Costumes Day
Trick or Treat Day

What are the two birthstones for October?

Amethyst and tourmaline
Blue topaz and emerald
Garnet and sapphire
Opal and tourmaline

What is the birth flower for October?

Chrysanthemum
Holly
Marigold
Gladiolus

Which holiday is celebrated by Canadians in October?

Independence Day
Thanksgiving
Valentine’s Day
Veterans Day

If you were born on October 30th, what is your star sign?

Libra
Scorpio
Virgo
Capricorn

The night before Halloween is named after which vegetable?

Cabbage
Carrot
Cucumber
Pumpkin

In October 1926 this book was published and written by A.A.Milne. What was the book?

Alice in Wonderland
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh

How did you do? Do write down your answers at home and come back tomorrow when the answers will be revealed. 😊

~ and now for a delicious recipe suggestion ~
Autumn Frittata with Butternut Squash and Spinach
tastes great and nutrition per slice is - Fat 11g Carbs 7g Protein 15g
see recipe details here



This blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes! However, not all the recipes' ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

23 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Love butternut squash! Your frittata looks so tasty.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I think I got 1 right. Maybe 2.

God bless.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Fun quiz. I think increased my average. :)

Roasting a pumpkin today. It is so good with butter and black pepper, a small frittata with fresh spinach.

Valerie-Jael said...

Where did September go? The fritata looks so good! Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the quiz and the recipe looks delicious

Jeanie said...

I'm betting I did really well -- but I'm not sure about the night before Halloween!

Tom said...

...at last, I know some of these.

Jeff said...

That dish looks great! I have a lot of butternut squash from my garden awaiting me when I return home.. I think I got everything right in the quiz except the questions on birthstones and flowers. Those are a guess.

Lorrie said...

A fun quiz that I know SOME answers to. And the butternut frittata recipe I've bookmarked for later. Sounds delicious.

happyone said...

I think I got 6 right. Will have to see about that tomorrow! :)

Elephant's Child said...

Mmmm frittata. A dish for any season. I think I did pretty well on your quiz. Enjoy your weekend.

Bill said...

Not very good with the test this month but I do love butternut squash.

Teresa said...

Feliz octubre. Pasaré mañana a ver las respuestas. Un beso.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Can I google search a couple of these? heehee! I know the last one and a couple others I think! The recipe sounds wonderful. I love Fall veggies!

J.P. Alexander said...

uy adoro octubre. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Margaret D said...

Good to know all those things.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

October was my grandmother's birthday so I know them all. Even the A.A.Milne one. Had to laugh at the first question. Ask a six year old and she would say "candy day!"

Sondra said...

that Frittata is awesome!

Ananka said...

Oh that sounds really nice :-D

My name is Erika. said...

I knew a lot of these questions this month as there are a lot of birthdays in my family during October: my mom, husband and daughter to keep it to direct relatives. I love ding these though, so let me go off to check how well I actually did with today's post. Happy October!

Martha said...

Happy October! I wish you a wonderful month ahead.

bread&salt said...

WoW very interesting test! Butternut squash season just beginning here and i will buy. Happy October.

William Kendall said...

Three of them.

Let's look forward.