Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 February 2023

Weekend Breakfast : Low Carb Pizza Frittata

This Low Carb / Keto Pizza Frittata has all the delicious flavours of pizza … yum!
Serve it for breakfast, (lunch or even supper), it's sure to be a winner!



Ingredients
Serves Six (adjust as necessary)
12 medium (free range) eggs*
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup Pizza Sauce
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
3 ounces Canadian bacon (back bacon), sliced, divided
3 ounces pepperoni, sliced, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 ounces onion, diced, divided
2 ounces green bell pepper, diced, divided
2 ounces red bell pepper, diced, divided
2 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced, divided
5 black olives, sliced

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk. Mix in garlic, pizza sauce, Parmesan cheese and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
3. Chop up half of the bacon and pepperoni. Mix into eggs.
4. Heat a large, oven proof pan/skillet over medium heat. To the pan/skillet, add 2 Tbs. olive oil, half of the onion, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, and mushrooms. Sauté until tender. Mix into eggs.
5. Pour egg mixture into skillet and stir. When eggs start to firm up and set on the bottom and the sides, transfer skillet to the oven. Bake 10 minutes.
6. Remove pan/skillet from oven, top with remaining mozzarella cheese, bacon, pepperoni, onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, mushrooms, and black olives.
7. Return to oven and bake 5-10 additional minutes.
8. For lunch or supper, it's nice served with a salad ...

Notes
Makes Servings: 6 – Per Serving:
Calories: 309 | Fat 22g | Protein 24g | Net Carbs 4.5g
*I appreciate in many countries (as I post this) eggs are in short supply and expensive ... so you may just want to keep this recipe in mind for a later date!
From an original idea here
Need help with weight/measurement conversion, see here


bunches of daffodils are quite plentiful in our shops and supermarkets at the moment,
who can resist a nice cheerful bunch of them😊

This blog brings a variety of recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

32 comments:

Tom said...

...something to try tomorrow.

DUTA said...

It does indeed look a winner.
Thanks for sharing this low carb pizza recipe!

Jenn Jilks said...

I would so love to make this!

Christine said...

This sounds so good. Beautiful daffodils

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa Noite de Sábado. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Aproveito para desejar um bom final de semana. Parece ser uma receita muito gostosa.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

My name is Erika. said...

That looks delicious. I was naughty and bought myself a special high carb treat for my breakfast tomorrow, but perhaps for next weekend.

William Kendall said...

I would very much enjoy that.

kathyinozarks said...

Interesting dish-thanks

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks healthful and delicious!

Margaret D said...

Looks great and similar to what I make sometimes.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hubby isn't a fan of Canadian bacon. But I like it.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, eggs are more expensive than gold right now, but the recipe sounds delicious.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds good! My daffs has opened up well now, such a pretty sight! Valerie

roentare said...

Looks so good to be true! Low carb pizza

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The frittata looks delicious, thanks for sharing!
Love the daffodils. Have a wonderful week!

Teresa said...

Feliz domingo.

It's me said...

Mmmmmmmm happy Sunday love from me and Leaf 🍀❤️🐾🍀

Donna said...

This looks good!
hugs
Donna

Elkes Lebensglück said...

yummy recipe! i love this and Flowers!
Greetings Elke

CJ Kennedy said...

Yum!

OLga said...

Questo piatto è da provare!

Bill said...

I would enjoy that very much.

happyone said...

I'm sure I'd like that.
The daffodils are so pretty.

Bob Bushell said...

Yummy yummy, except the bacon.

Jeff said...

This looks good, but egg prices over here are 3x what they were a year ago (actually, I pay less for farm fresh open range eggs than I would pay in a grocery store).

Mary Kirkland said...

That sounds interesting.

Chatty Crone said...

I cipied this looks delish!

Conniecrafter said...

I am not thrilled with mixing my eggs with anything , I know I am weird, picky eater.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This looks yummy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Pinned it! Thanks for sharing ! x K

R's Rue said...

I need to try this. Thank you.

Snowbird said...

That looks delicious! Cheery daffs too, I can't wait for mine to come out.xxx