Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 February 2023

E is for EVOO, Eggs Benedict and Eggplant (Aubergine)

Would any of these be your choices? Do you have another dish that would fit 'E is for' ?
Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

E is for EVOO
EVOO is the shortened name (or acronym) for Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
It is important to differentiate between olive oil and EVOO
because extra virgin olive oil meets a strict set of regulations.

EVOO is the purest form of olive oil, with no additives and fruit other than olives.
The olives can only go through washing, decantation, centrifugation, and filtration,
and no further processes.


E is for Eggs Benedict
"What's a classic brunch dish? Eggs Benedict, of course!
Make it low carb / keto by replacing the traditional English muffin with a bed of creamy avocado.
Same poached eggs, smoked salmon, and hollandaise sauce, but none of the carbs.
A fresh, healthy and completely delicious take on an old favourite."
more details/recipe here


E is also for Eggplant
although some readers know it as aubergine
they are full of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.
Grilled aubergine/eggplant and tomato salad
more details/recipe here


You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

Have you seen the choices for:
'A is for' here and 'B is for' here and 'C is for' here and 'D' is for here

All the best Jan

24 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

a colorful dinner ;)

Tom said...

...and E is for EXCELLENT!

My name is Erika. said...

I haven't had my dinner yet and now I am really hungry. These meals look so delicious.

Christine said...

Delicious!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh that egg benedict and avocado looks heavenly!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Conniecrafter said...

I can't think of anything else that starts with an E, never been good at that, but I do only have EVOO in my pantry

William Kendall said...

I've never had eggplant.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not much of a egg benedict fan.

Coffee is on and stay safe

Margaret D said...

Food looks good.

shirleysimplerecipe said...

Looks yum!

roentare said...

so many pretty looking food!

eileeninmd said...

All three look delicious!
Take care, have a great day!

Donna said...

Love eggs benedict!
hugs
Donna

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Los ingredientes me encantan y es una saludable alimentaciĆ³n.

CJ Kennedy said...

The grilled eggplant salad looks very yummy

Teresa said...

Todas se ven muy bien. Besos.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

My father loved eggplant pancakes. It was the most exotic food I saw him have.

Rain said...

I think I put EVOO on pretty much everything these days! ☺ I used to love eggs benedict! Can't handle the yolks anymore!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never had eggs benedict. I've always had trouble preparing eggplant, though I enjoy eating it.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh all of these looks so good. Hope you had a good V.Day.

Sue said...

Yum I love EVOO! We've just come back from Tenerife and have been living on salads and fresh food for the last few weeks and feel so much better for it.
Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Mary Kirkland said...

Those both look good.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I love avocado with poached eggs.