Total Pageviews

Monday 11 July 2011

Caring for Your Feet With Diabetes.

"When you have diabetes, taking good care of your feet is very important. Poor foot care can lead to serious problems, including possibly having to remove -- or amputate -- the foot or leg.

As a person with diabetes, you are more vulnerable to foot problems because the disease can damage your nerves and reduce blood flow to your feet. The American Diabetes Association has estimated that one in five people with diabetes who seek hospital care do so for foot problems. By taking proper care of your feet, most serious problems can be prevented."

I am not so well heeled (no pun intended) I can afford to buy expensive clothing. Many of my clothes I buy second hand from ebay and charity shops. One area I do not skimp on is the very best wool and cotton socks and well made leather shoes.

Check out this link on foot care.


Eddie

http://diabetes.webmd.com/guide/caring-for-feet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check between your toes too and use a good moisturizer. I apply a heavier cream at night and put on a pair of cotton socks overnight, feet will be lovely and baby soft.
Make sure shoes are a good fit, best buy your footwear in the afternoon, your feet expand a little as the day goes on.
Karen chocfish

Anonymous said...

I have found that my feet 'expand' as the day goes on so a good tip from this lady.

Look after feet and eyes.

Joe

Anonymous said...

It is important to look after feet, after all we are on them a lot. I often sit and soak mine and then use moisturizer. You feel like you're walking on air afterwards.

Sarah