Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Tonights great Lowcarb Food !

This is the type of food that has kept my BG and HbA1c numbers non diabetic, other than diagnosis, for over three years. Mini pork belly joint with caramelised apple and shallot stuffing (Sainsbury's) 6.4 grams carb per half pack, which includes two portions. Served with roast celeriac and micro waved cabbage and spring greens.

A great meal and around ten grams of carb in total. Less than one slice of white bread, think about that !



Eddie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A mid week roast or a Sunday roast this looks delicious.

Sarah

PS I'd much rather eat this then one slice of white bread......so much less carb and gives you more allowance in your daily carb allowance, if you get my drift, to have strawberry sponge cake or similar to follow. Check out the recipe folks if you haven't done so already.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious and as Sarah says it would make a very tasty mid week roast. Wife says the whole family could sit down and enjoy.

Doug

Anonymous said...

Eh guess what we're having for dinner tonight.

Popped into Sainsburys and spotted this, it does need cooking for about 70 mins I think so it's already in the oven.

Have to admit they also had a nice Chardonnay in the chiller I admit a bottle somehow appeared in my basket !!!

Anonymous said...

Quickly checking the blog this morning just have to say family are due round at 1.00 and I've this cooking in the oven.
Thanks for bringing Chardonnay into the equation I've invested in a few bottles. Well it is Sunday!

Lovely recipe, thanks

Kate

Anonymous said...

Hope you and your family enjoyed the roast Kate.

I guess the equation is

meat+vegetables+(wine)=low carb?

Excellent

Doug

PS We all enjoyed this meat too