Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Cheesy Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizzas


'Pizza' with a difference! Cut a whole cauliflower into thick steaks and top with sun-dried tomato paste, pepperoni and oozy mozzarella cheese to create a moreish midweek or Friday night treat! These gluten-free cauliflower pizzas take less than an hour to prepare and cook. They taste delicious with a fresh green salad...

Ingredients
Serves Four
2 large cauliflowers, sliced into 8 steaks
2 tbsp. olive oil
375g low-fat mozzarella
8 tbsp. sundried tomato paste
16 slices pepperoni
1 tsp Italian-style herb blend
200g green salad of your choice
100g cucumber, sliced

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Add the cauliflower steaks to two large baking trays and drizzle with the olive oil. Season well, making sure they are covered on both sides.
2. Transfer to the oven and roast for 30 minutes, turning the cauliflower over halfway through. Meanwhile, cut the mozzarella into slices. Place in a single layer on some kitchen towel and cover with more kitchen towel to help absorb any excess moisture.
3. Preheat your grill to medium. Spread 1 tbsp. tomato paste over one side of each cauliflower steak. Add the mozzarella, then top with the pepperoni. Sprinkle over the herbs. Transfer to the grill and cook for 2 minutes until the cheese melts and the pepperoni begins to crisp on the edges.
4. Serve with the salad and cucumber.

Each Serving
13.8g carbohydrate 6.7g fibre 28.7g protein 30.0g fat
From an original idea here

'Cauliflower good for you' ... read more here

Please note, there is a variety of recipes within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Jo said...

What an interesting idea. I doubt Mick would go for it with his loathing of cauliflower but I certainly would.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Now that is a novel way to use cauliflower. Thank you for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

A unique and delicious-sounding recipe. Thank you.

Tom said...

...now this looks good.

JFM said...

Healthy pizza...yeah!!!

Lady Fi said...

Looking good!

Carol Blackburn said...

I do need to get back to eating some cauliflower. It's been way too long. Very interesting.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my goodness. With or without the pepperoni, another great idea. I love it!

Mary Kirkland said...

That's an interesting idea.

happyone said...

Oh, I'll have to try these. Sound great.

Christine said...

This looks delicious!

Polly said...

I generally only like cauliflower with a cheese sauce, but this sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious.

Tina

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds yummy! Reckon next week I might try this in a pan (as I still couldn´t fight my oven-fear).
I blanched the rest of my last cauliflauer, let it dry and deep-freezed it. Any tipps against all the water after defrosting? It was frustrating!

William Kendall said...

That sounds creative!

Our photos said...

Hmmm, must try this !

Anonymous said...

wow, thats amazing,,, never saw this before.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love homemade pizza and make it often. I don't know if I can sneak in the cauliflower though! heehee! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

This looks good, I could try some different toppings in place of the meat, thanks!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Oh I love this idea and will definitely try it. Cauliflower is one my husband's favorite veggies and he has got me to love it quite a bit too!

Pom Pom said...

Looks tasty, but I try to avoid cheese. Have you noticed how much cheese there is in the world? LOL!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Cauliflower is so versatile! I often use it instead of rice or pasta in a dish. These pizzas sound good!

Margaret D said...

Looks and sound alright.

Lisa said...

A way to try and tempt non veg lovers to try new things, such a good idea.
Lisa x

Kaya said...

Great homemade pizza! I am sure it's very delicious.
And most important it has vegetables.
Excellent recipe!!!

Debbie said...

wow!! what a great idea with so many possibilities!! the pizzas on my meal plan have been so good!!

Snowbird said...

Isn't cauli marvelous! I just love it!xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Iris Flavia said:
"That sounds yummy! Reckon next week I might try this in a pan (as I still couldn´t fight my oven-fear).
I blanched the rest of my last cauliflauer, let it dry and deep-freezed it. Any tipps against all the water after defrosting? It was frustrating!"

Hello Iris, I do hope you will try this recipe suggestion ...
I found this article about freezing cauliflower and it suggests 'reheating the cauliflower when you're ready to use it. Frozen cauliflower only needs to be reheated for about 90 seconds after the blanching and freezing process. Simply drop the frozen florets into boiling water, or steam them. They are now ready to use in your favourite cauliflower recipe.'

You can read more here
https://www.wikihow.com/Freeze-Cauliflower

Hope this may help ...
Thanks for your comment

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Lisa Isabella Russo said:
"This looks good, I could try some different toppings in place of the meat, thanks!"

Hello Lisa, and thanks for your comment.
Yes, you could certainly try out different toppings and perhaps substitute Pepperoni for Artichoke Hearts ...https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/techniques/preparing_artichokes

Enjoy

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would love this pizza with other veggie toppings. I have tons of sun dried tomatoes I dried myself, so I'm always looking for a recipe to use them with. Thanks for the tips on artichoke hearts, too.

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jan,
That's looking well. Great!!

Greetings, Marco

Magic Love Crow said...

Looks so good! Thanks Jan! Big Hugs!