Total Pageviews

Monday 12 November 2018

Eggs are sunshine on your plate



It can be summer every day. Just take a look at these cheerful looking fried eggs - a little bit of sunshine yellow on your plate. Why not satisfy your hunger with this fresh and easy breakfast, supper, or even brunch! At just seven carbs per serving this recipe is LCHF, Gluten Free, Vegetarian and most definitely a winner!

Ingredients for two are:

1 tbsp. olive oil
400g courgettes (about 2 large ones), chopped into small chunks
200g/7oz pack cherry tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 eggs
few basil leaves, to serve.

Method:

1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then add the courgettes. Fry for 5 mins, stirring every so often until they start to soften. 
2. Add the tomatoes and garlic, then cook for a few mins more. 
3. Stir in a little seasoning, then make two gaps in the mix and crack in the eggs. Cover the pan with a lid or a sheet of foil, then cook for 2-3 mins until the eggs are done to your liking. 
4. Scatter over a few basil leaves and serve. 

Tip: 
This also tastes great if you add a small red pepper and a red onion at the same time as the courgettes to make a more substantial evening meal. 
Tastes good served with pork chops or fish. 

Why not cook and enjoy some great tasting LCHF food. Original recipe idea here 


Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods money can buy - they are a natural source of many nutrients including high quality protein, vitamins and minerals.  Eggs are naturally rich in vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium and iodine. They also contain vitamin A and a number of other B vitamins including folate, biotin, pantothenic acid and choline, and essential minerals and trace elements, including phosphorus. See more here

Dear reader - you will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

36 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I love egg dishes. And eggs are 0 points for WW so a perfect food.

JFM said...

Looks delicious!
Love the egg faces...thanks for the smile :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Pan fried veggies and eggs are one of my fave meals- quick, delicious and healthy. Valerie

Ygraine said...

I know this will be my all-time favourite brunch!
Thanks for sharing...and I love the egg faces...really made me smile!😊😊

Christine said...

The eggs look delicious, and they are so nutritious.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Eggs are so great for every meal. This look like a simple, delicious dish. Sometimes I just toss eggs with leftovers like salsa. A quick, easy brunch.

Tom said...

...they are for me every morning.

DUTA said...

Eggs are indeed a super food. I tend to eat them boiled. If and when I fry them,
I don't use a non-stick pan but a regular one as I have issues with the non-stick coat.

Catarina said...

And here I was wondering what to make for lunch!!
Now I know!
Thanks.
: )

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

That's what I need to try;-) Greetings

Out on the prairie said...

Threw some avacoda on mine the other day

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...


hmmm we don't eat enough eggs.

A thought...throw in an ounce or two of mooshed pineapple.

Carol Blackburn said...

I do love eggs but I ate so much of them when I first went low carb that I rarely have them anymore. I need to change that because they are so good and versatile. The little faces on the eggs you showed made me laugh because when I used to boil a batch of eggs for Mike's work lunches I would always put a face on the older eggs so he could eat them first. I hope you are having a great week.

sandy said...

Breakfast is served on this Monday morning - looks delicious and the happy eggs make my day!

Elephant's Child said...

I made a mushroom and asparagus frittata for dinner last night. And there are yummy leftovers.

Snowbird said...

That looks so colourful.xxx

chrissie said...

That Looks delicious but I would have to eat everything but the eggs as I can only eat them scambled

Always good to see what you post

Love Chrissie xx

Pom Pom said...

Hi Jan! So true about eggs! The incredible edible egg is so fitting. Your egg dish looks wonderful.

Lorrie said...

Eggs are so versatile - love them!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love eggs but don't eat them as often as I used to. My hubby is grilling bacon tonight to have in other dishes this coming week. Maybe one of them will be eggs and bacon!

William Kendall said...

I'd go for that.

carol l mckenna said...

Sunny Side up ~ looks good ~ ^_^

Happy Veterans Day
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

That's what we had for dinner. It was delicious!

Debbie said...

looks yummy!!

happyone said...

Oh that looks really good. Another one I will try.

Lady Fi said...

That looks so delicious.

Iris Flavia said...

I agree, I just again got... well, the eggs themselved maybe aren´t that lucky but I got them from the market and the mothers roamed free.
Sadly hubby hates eggs...

DIMI said...

Hello Jan!
Wow! It looks delicious!
I like bacon and eggs for breakfast!
Thank you for sharing!
Have a lovely week!
Dimi...

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely thing to eat.

Jo said...

I love eggs. There's so many ways they can be served and they're so tasty.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Hummmm muito apetitoso estes ovos.
Um abraço e boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Phil Slade said...

Its' all true Eddie. Eggs are just so versatile - ingredients or as a meal on their own.

NatureFootstep said...

maybe something like this for dinner tonight :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love eggs cooked many different ways, I just do not eat them often. This looks delicious. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this post! I love eggs! Yummy! Big Hugs!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Thanks Jan, have made this one.. tres delicious ✨