Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 April 2019

Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken - Saturday Night Music

Yes, another week passes and it's Saturday Night so music night on this blog. It is of course Easter weekend (for those who celebrate) but for Christians it is the most important weekend of the year. This song (hymn) takes me back to my childhood days. Mornings both at Sunday School, Primary School ... and beyond! 

"Morning Has Broken" is a popular and well-known Christian hymn first published in 1931. It has words by English author Eleanor Farjeon and is often sung in children's services. English pop musician and folk singer Cat Stevens included a version on his 1971 album Teaser and the Firecat." This video has some beautiful images and I hope you enjoy this gentle sound. To all the peoples in the world and all religions may peace be upon you. All the best Jan

22 comments:

Tom said...

...a beautiful tune.

Jeanie said...

One of my favorites! Happy Easter!

Miss Val's Creations said...

So beautiful. I always thought this was a Cat Stevens original!

dellgirl said...

I have never heard this song before, thanks for the introduction. I learned something new from you here, thanks again.

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

Christine said...

I love playing this song in the morning!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Peace and Blessings.
Coffee is on

Lady Caer Morganna said...

I have always loved this breath-taking song by Cat Stevens ... Thank you so much for posting this.

CJ Kennedy said...

Pictures were perfect with this lovely song. Happy Easter

Zaa said...

Thank You ..This is truly one of Cat Stevens most memorable songs ...I love it ... Wishing you a Blessed Easter, My Friend.

Nadezda said...

It's so moving Jan.
Praise for the morning...
Happy Easter!

Ela said...

Such a beautiful video !!
Happy Easter to you and your family !!

Marco Luijken said...

That's a great song. Fantastic.
Happy Eastern.

Greetings, Marco

Anonymous said...

Beautiful video and song.

Tina

riitta k said...

Thank you for this song with beautiful pictures.

magiceye said...

One of my favourites!

Belated Easter wishes!

Anu said...

Hello. I love that song by Cat Stevens. Beautiful video.

DVArtist said...

Perfect way to start the day. Thank you.

DMS said...

I love this song. It was played at the memorial service of a loved one and every time I hear it I think of them. :)
~Jess

NatureFootstep said...

thanks for the song-bird :)

Bill said...

One of my all-time favorites.

William Kendall said...

It's been ages since I've heard that one.

Angie said...

I adore Cat Stevens and I am pleased that he has recently re-embraced his early music. We sang this song at our Easter Mass on Sunday. Just lovely. The peace and blessings of Easter to you and yours!