For coconut base:
6 egg whites
150g desiccated coconut
Equivalent of 200g sugar (e.g. Splenda)
2 tbsp. potato starch
1 tsp. baking powder
For chocolate cream:
250g mascarpone cheese
3 tbsp. cocoa
Equivalent of 3 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. Greek yogurt or cream
1. Preheat oven to 170C and line springform tin with baking paper.
2. Whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks. Add the sugar (spoonful at a time) and continue whisking until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
3. In a medium bowl mix coconut, potato starch and baking powder and fold it in gently.
4. Pour the batter into baking tin and bake for about 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cake there for about an hour.
5. For the chocolate topping mix mascarpone cheese with sweetener, cocoa and yogurt. If it’s too thick add a bit more of yogurt or cream.
6. Spread the chocolate cream on top of cooled cake and decorate with coconut.
Carbohydrates (using Splenda and Greek style yogurt):
Need help with weight/measurement conversion see here