Total Pageviews

Friday 5 April 2019

Chocolate Silk Pie : Dairy Free : Low Carb / Keto


This recipe suggestion is from ruled.me site

"If you’ve been dairy free and struggling to find a low carb/keto treat that doesn’t include dairy, this is the pie for you! Decadent and dreamy, melt in your mouth creamy chocolate pie with a hint of vanilla and coconut to satisfy your dessert needs without the dairy...

This pie is so silky that your friends and family won’t believe it’s dairy free! The main ingredient is coconut cream, which can lend a flavour of coconut, but it is paired perfectly with 70% dark chocolate that is both low carb/keto friendly and vegan. With the addition of sea salt and almond butter, this dessert freezes solid but melts quickly into a silky cream pie. 

When preparing your coconut cream, it’s helpful to put the cans of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator a full day before you are making the pie. I like to keep a few cans chilled at all times for an occasion that may call for coconut cream! Another tip is to flip the can upside down before opening. By opening the can at the opposite end, you can easily drain off the coconut milk and are left with the pure cream, which is what we used in this recipe. 

This pie sets up perfectly in the freezer but will take a little time to soften before serving. It will take longer to set in the refrigerator but will keep at the perfect consistency if you can wait. This recipe can also be vegan by swapping out the ghee in the crust for vegan butter!

Ingredients:
8 Servings
(Each serving is 41.31g Fat, 6.6g Net Carbs, and 8.7g Protein)

2 (13.5-ounce) cans chilled coconut milk, liquid discarded
1/2 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated erythritol
4 ounces low-carb (70%+) dark chocolate
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons ghee
1-2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, to garnish"

    Instructions:
    With an excellent step by step guide can be seen here 

    Help with measurement, weight conversion:
    Please see here 

    Want to know more about Low Carb Flours and Low Carb Cake Recipe Ideas:
    Please see here 

    Dear reader, you will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

    All the best Jan

    28 comments:

    Tom said...

    ...looks good.

    Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    Anonymous said...

    I second that mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm

    mamasmercantile said...

    Sounds delicious.

    Chris Lally said...

    Thanks, Jan. I needed that :)

    DUTA said...

    The word 'silky' does it for me. I've often read about a dessert being decadent,rich, creamy - but silky is even more convincing to give it a try.

    Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

    I'm in LOVE.

    Snowbird said...

    Looks delicious.xxx

    Out on the prairie said...

    Heavenly I will have another piece please.

    Mary Kirkland said...

    Now that's my kind of dessert.

    Elephant's Child said...

    It does look good.

    Lisabella Russo said...

    Oh that looks delicious, I know some people (myself included) who would love that...

    mxtodis123 said...

    Oh my, that does look delicious.

    This N That said...

    Yummy!!!!

    William Kendall said...

    It looks good.

    Miss Val's Creations said...

    Yummy!

    My name is Erika. said...

    I am printing this one off! It looks and sounds divine! A nice weekend treat for sure. hugs-Erika

    Lady Caer Morganna said...

    Oh-My-God does THIS ever look scrumptious!!!!

    Caty said...

    First of all, I want to thank you very much Jan, for visiting my blog and leave a so kind comment, very appreciated. Then, I may say that Your blog is very interesting, and this cake looks so delicious, I think I´ll prepare it one day, thank you very much for sharing.
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugs, Caty

    Martha said...

    What a nice treat!

    happyone said...

    Yummy, that sure looks good.

    Margaret D said...

    Looks good as does the recipe.
    Coconut milk is used sometimes in this house.

    The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

    All I can say is Wow! I wish I had a slice right now!

    Valerie-Jael said...

    Oh my, this sounds sooooooooooooooo good, you've got me craving now! We now have a little shop here that is actually selling low-carb and keto things, amazing! Valerie

    baili said...

    Oh this is absolutely INVITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    such delicacy without dairy use is AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL!

    thank you for sharing incredible recipe dear Jan!

    CJ Kennedy said...

    You had me at chocolate.

    magiceye said...

    Deliciously healthy!

    Magic Love Crow said...

    Yes please!!!