Total Pageviews

Friday 26 April 2019

Chicken Drumsticks Simply Baked : A Delicious Low Carb Recipe


Recipes do not have to be complicated to taste good. Take this one for example. Chicken drumsticks simply baked … always a winner in my house!

Ingredients
Serves 2/3
5 - 6 chicken drumsticks
garlic powder
pepper
salt

olive oil 
Directions
1. Put some olive oil in the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan (just enough to put the drumsticks on).
2. Add drumsticks (space enough apart so they aren't touching each other).
Sprinkle generously with pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
3. Bake at 375º F 190º C gas mark 5 for half an hour. Turn drumsticks over and add more garlic powder, pepper and salt (same as before).
4. Bake for another 20 to 30 minutes … or until cooked.

Serve
With vegetables of your choice...
Some may like parsnips, others may prefer buttery mashed swede, or how about small chunky pieces of roasted celeriac bites.
Then there is green beans or Brussels sprouts or steamed broccoli - choices, choices!
... now what will you choose? It may be a vegetable I've not mentioned!

Such a great and simple way to enjoy chicken drumsticks.



A variety of recipe ideas and articles are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Jo said...

A tasty meal, perfect when you can't be bothered cooking very much.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds delicious, thanks! Valerie

mxtodis123 said...

Delicious. I often make chicken this way.

Tom said...

...chicken, it's what's for dinner!

Anonymous said...

Just perfect, We eat buttery mashed Swede a lot, it’s a favourite for us,

Christine said...

Ok have to get some drumsticks soon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely on the menu soon Jan ✨

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Chicken, a tasty, healthy source of protein anytime in my book!

This N That said...

Simple for sure..Thanks for the recipe..Have a good weekend

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have a friend who would LOVE this.

Mary Kirkland said...

I do something like this quite often. Chicken is the primary meat that I eat since I don't like most other meats.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

I could do that. The refrigerator has accessories waiting;-) Have a nice weekend

A Casa Madeira said...

It made me want to eat ...
It must be really good.

Elephant's Child said...

Simple is OFTEN delicious. It brings out rather than masks the flavour of the star of the dish.

William Kendall said...

That sounds good.

happyone said...

My husband will only eat the white meat.

carol l mckenna said...

Looks yummy!


Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gloria Baker said...

This looks really delicious ! Have a n9ce weekend!

Martha said...

Such a simple and delicious recipe! Thank you. And have a wonderful weekend.

Chatty Crone said...

Those look delicious!

Carola Bartz said...

I love baked drumsticks - actually whole chicken legs. I usually roast potatoes, red bell pepper and onion wedges with them (I'm not low carb as you can see). A great meal indeed.

angryparsnip said...

I love chichen any way and this looks and sounds so good ! Chicken wings also.

cheerds, parsnip

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I do something similar regularly. We do eat a lot of chicken at our home. Sometimes I just serve a salad along with it. Thank you for all the inspiration, Jan. Enjoy a lovely weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks for popping by my blog today! I'm afraid that none of the desserts featured in my post are low-carb or suitable for diabetics -- quite the opposite!

Little Wandering Wren said...

I agree the simple meals are the best, these would be a winner in my house too!
Thanks for your visit to my Quintessential Spain post, I hope you get to Seville one day!
Wren x

Margaret D said...

Just love baked drumsticks, we have them often.

Ygraine said...

What a great recipe...simple to cook, and yet really tasty.😊
This would also be ideal for someone who who is just beginning to cook their own meals. Gosh, wish I'd had a recipe like this when I left home at 17!!

Have a great weekend!

Laura. M said...

Se ve delicioso.
Buen fin de semana.
Gracias por tu visita.
Un abrazo.

Lowcarb team member said...

Laura. M said...
Se ve delicioso.
Buen fin de semana.
Gracias por tu visita.
Un abrazo.

Google translate:
It looks delicious.
Good Weekend.
Thank you for your visit.
A hug.

NCmountainwoman said...

Great recipe. For some reason we never have chicken legs, always thighs. I'll give this one a try.

Chris Lally said...

Simply baked, simply delicious :) Thank you, Jan!