Total Pageviews

Monday 2 January 2023

Cheese, can be part of a low carb lifestyle : Three recipe suggestions

Cheese is a wonderful ingredient that adds both flavour and a nice texture to your cooking. If you are not sensitive to dairy, cheese has a given place in the low-carb kitchen. It makes low carb more simple, and more pleasurable.

There are many different kinds of cheese to choose from depending on what you like and what a recipe calls for. Here I share three recipe suggestions:-

Caprese Omelette
This omelette gives you all the flavours from a Caprese salad
in a filling, but low-carb, omelette which uses mozzarella cheese.
More details here


Cauliflower Broccoli 'Macaroni' and Cheese
This healthy low carb cauliflower broccoli 'macaroni 'and cheese dish
can stand alone as a main dish, or be served along-side your favourite protein.
More details here


Cheese and Onion Pork Chops
Enjoy pork with melted Cheshire cheese and a kick of English mustard.
This is such an easy low carb dish, a family favourite!
more details here



Related Post
Cheese is Good for you - read it here

Cheese can also be enjoyed by vegans and people who are lactose-intolerant. Instead of cow’s or goat’s milk, vegan cheese is usually made of different kind of nuts, plant-based milk, soy, or nutritional yeast. Cashews and almonds are the most popular nuts for non-dairy cheese. There are 30 vegan cheese recipes to see on Vegan Heaven site here but please note not all may be low carb.

What’s your favourite cheese and how do you like to serve it? Please share in the comments below.


You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

40 comments:

Catarina said...

I like these suggestions!!

Elephant's Child said...

With the exception of Swiss cheese I am a BIG cheese fan. There is always a variety of cheese here. I have not yet found a non dairy one I like though.

Christine said...

That caprese omelet looks so good.

OLga said...

Adoro il formaggio.

Practical Parsimony said...

I love cheese! It goes with everything!

DMS said...

I love all cheese- or at least all the kinds I have ever tried. One of my favorite foods for sure. :)

~Jess

Tom said...

...the pork chops look good.

Carla from The River said...

We LOVE cheese. We live in the Dairy State here in Wisconsin. :-)
Happy New Year!!
Carla

Hena Tayeb said...

Looks great.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The cauliflower/broccoli mac and cheese dish sounds yummy. I am a fan of any cheese, which is why I could never be a vegan. Thanks for these suggestions, Jan.

Chatty Crone said...

I have never thought of putting cheese on porkchops - looks good.
I love the caprese omelet - I think I will try to make!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

All of those look delicious! And I was recently thinking about cauliflower, because I love it, but I always forget to buy it, when I get vegetables. (And your posts that use it are a good reminder for me.)

My name is Erika. said...

Cheese is always yummy, and very versatile isn't it? That cauliflower cheese looks yummy as I am very hungry right now.

Susan Kane said...

The pork chop recipe is perfect. Time to buy more.

happyone said...

All great tasty looking recipes!!

Kay said...

This all looks so delicious, but unfortunately we are lactose intolerant.

Anonymous said...

We like cheese, always have a selection in the fridge.
Happy New Year.

Tina

William Kendall said...

These look good. My favourite cheese is spiced gouda.

Lorrie said...

We love cheese and enjoy many varieties.

Jeff said...

I love cheese! Thanks for the recipes.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm a fan of cheese. But I can handle small amount.
Coffee is on and stay safe

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por las recetas. Te mando un beso.

CJ Kennedy said...

I wish I liked cheese

Conniecrafter said...

I love cheese, I eat it almost daily :)

Iris Flavia said...

This ALL looks so yummy. Sadly I still taste nothing, but this went to my cooking list!

Valerie-Jael said...

Cheese is something I love! Happy 2023, hugs, Valerie

Jo said...

I love cheese. Wensleydale is a particular favourite.

eileeninmd said...

I love cheese, all three look delicious!
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

linda said...

They all look amazing, I love cheese.

Teresa said...

Me encanta el queso, en España los tenemos muy buenos. Besos.

Jeanie said...

That caprese omelet looks especially good. I love it just from the photo1

Barwitzki said...

...everything looks delicious and I love cheese in many variations.
I wish you a healthy and happy 2023.
Best regards from Viola and thank you for your interesting contributions, I always look forward to them.
Hug

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Nice suggestions.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Looks delicious! What a great idea.

Louca por porcelana said...

Yummy! Look great.

It's me said...

I love cheese …most of the time i use low fat cheese …but sometimes….I enjoy calvados Camembert or goat cheese….or buffel mozzarella….mmmmmmmm…..happy week love love love 🍀❤️🐾🍀

Bill said...

I'll go with the cauliflower broccoli 'Macaroni' and Cheese.

baili said...

Sounds really good dear Jan.
Blessings

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oooh Jan, these all sound so good! I love low carb and I love cheese! I think I've told you that I have a crustless quiche every morning.
Happy New Year to you!!

Martha said...

I really like cheese! These recipes are delicious!