Perfect for a healthy snack, and as it’s nut free this would also be great to pack for school lunches. Make it and slice it into serves and freeze it so you can grab one from the freezer as you race out the door. If you have guests dropping by this recipe would be perfect to serve for afternoon tea.
2 small to medium bananas
1/3 cup almond milk/coconut water, milk or coconut cream unsweetened
1/4 cup EVOO - extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon stevia blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup dark chocolate choc chips
1. Preheat oven to 170 C / 340 F fan forced / gas mark 4
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl ensuring the baking powder is well dispersed.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, then add the mashed banana and all other wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold through until well combined. Fold through the choc chips.
5. Pour into a loaf pan lined with baking paper and gently smooth off the top.
6. Bake approximately 45-50 mins or until cooked on the inside.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before cooling on wire cake rack.
8. Store in fridge wrapped in cling wrap and sealed in a container for up to 3 days.
1. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract if desired for a spiced banana loaf.
2. Add a pinch of sea salt. The flavour of chocolate is enhanced when salt is added.
Freeze in individual serves for an instant snack.
Paleo Sweeteners - replace the sweetener with 2 tablespoons of either coconut flour, maple syrup or honey (or to taste).
Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Fibre: 2g"
Need help with weight/measurement conversion, see here
Original recipe idea with step by step video and more details can be found here
All the best Jan