Total Pageviews

Friday 28 April 2023

I Didn't Know That !

As regular readers know, this blog brings a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, recipes and more! It is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. Our main focus is about the Low Carb Higher (Healthy) Fat lifestyle, LCHF for short, and you can read/find out more about that here

But today for a change I thought let's share ten random facts ...
Did you know any of them?

The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”

A 26-sided shape is known as a rhombicuboctahedron.

If a Polar Bear and a Grizzly Bear mate, their offspring is called a “Pizzy Bear.”

The tongue is the only muscle in one’s body that is attached from one end.

Researchers have found that flossing your teeth can help your memory. Flossing prevents gum disease, which prevents stiff blood vessels, which cause memory issues.

The oldest unopened bottle of wine, The Speyer Wine Bottle , was found in a Roman tomb near Speyer, Germany. It is considered the worlds oldest known bottle of wine - it is over 1,650 years old.


There are over 6,000 known species of grass.

Saint Lucia is the only country in the world named after a woman. The country was named after Saint Lucy of Syracuse by the French.

Tic Tacs got their name from the sound they make when they are tossed around in their container.

German Chocolate Cake is named after an American baker by the name of Samuel German. It has no affiliation with the country of Germany.

~ Talking Chocolate Cake have you tried ~
Chocolate Mug Cake
hard to resist and ready in under five minutes
Ingredients
3 tbsp almond flour (you can switch for coconut flour if preferred)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp butter
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
1 square dark chocolate (over 70% cocoa)
How to Create It
can be seen on the Diabetes Diet Blog here


~ Enjoy Your Day ~

A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I knew about the tongue but the other facts are new to me. Thank you. Enjoy your weekend.

Practical Parsimony said...

I knew about the pizzy bear, flossing and the tongue muscle.

Tom said...

...news to me.

Catarina said...

sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia ? No, I didn’t know!
And … no, I didn’t know that either…
Well… I failed big time! : )
But I will not fail making this delicious mug cake!!

Anonymous said...

And “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.” is not easy to pronounce!
The mug cake looks good, I will give it a try.

Tina

happyone said...

Some interesting facts there!!

J.P. Alexander said...

Muy interesante. Temando un beso.

Lee said...

I'm just going to continue saying "brain freeze!, and "26-sided shape"! And that is that!! :)

Enjoy your weekend, you two! :)

William Kendall said...

I imagine drinking that wine is out of the question.

aussie aNNie said...

Bombed out big time but love the chocolate there xx

Margaret D said...

Interesting and I knew about the tongue, others I didn't.

George Pereira said...

I floss every night before brushing my teeth ... good to know I am doing something right

roughterrain crane said...

Thank you. I didn't expect to make chocolate cake in a cup.

Christine said...

Thanks for the recipe and great facts. Have to share that German chocolate cake one

Fun60 said...

I knew about the tongue but all the others were new to me.Don'tthink I would enjoy tasting that wine.

eileeninmd said...

Interesting facts. I would like to see a Pizzy Bear. The chocolate cake in a cup, that look yummy. Have a great weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

These were fun. Brain freeze is easier to say. I wonder if that wine has turned to vinegar by now. I'd rather have the chocolate mug cake.

Donna said...

I've made the mug cake...and I knew #4, #5 and #8.
Fun post! I can't even pronounce some of the words! lol
hugs
Donna

DUTA said...

Very interesting facts!
I knew only about the importance of flossing . Thanks for sharing.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I don't think I knew any of those facts. Thanks for sharing them.

My name is Erika. said...

What fun facts Jan. Thanks for sharing!

Valerie-Jael said...

Interesting facts and a yummy cake! Have a great weekend, Valerie

Debbie said...

the only one i knew was the information about the tongue. the cake looks good, i have never had any luck with those mug cakes!!

It's me said...

Just come to say Hello….things are not going good at this site …not blogging anymore….but I hope to come back once and soon…but I first must find a place to life for Leaf and me….this is so so so tough…I hope and pray and still believe that miracles happen for me….love from me and Leaf 🍀🙏❤️🍀🐾

Bill said...

Interesting facts, thanks for sharing.

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

There are more things I don't know than things that I do know. Not many people know that.

God bless.

DeniseinVA said...

That was a fun read Jan, really enjoyed that. Thank you also for the chocolate mug cake recipe. Happy weekend to you :)

Teresa said...

No conocía estos datos. Gracias y besos.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow I didn't know any of these, I am off to floss my teeth though :)

Jeanie said...

Brain freeze is a lot easier to remember and pronounce!

DMS said...

What an assortment of fun facts! I learned a lot in this post- though I am not sure I will remember it all. ;) That is one OLD bottle of wine!
~Jess

Martha said...

“Pizzy Bear"! That is a really cute name for offspring if a polar bear and grizzly bear mate. Interesting facts. I didn't know any of them.