Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 April 2023

That is Strange ... but True!

As regular readers know, this blog brings a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, recipes and more! It is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. Our main focus is about the Low Carb Higher (Healthy) Fat lifestyle, LCHF for short, and you can read/find out more about that here

But today for a change I thought let's have some 'Strange But True Facts' ... Did you know any of these ten facts?! 

Mr Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on TV.


The two tiny holes in every BIC pen ensure that the air pressure is the same both inside and outside the pen, which helps the ink flow to the tip.

If you sneeze while traveling at 60 mph, your eyes are closed for an average of 50 feet.

Your nose is always visible to you. Your mind ignores it through a process called Unconscious Selective Attention.

The brain is our fattiest organ and is composed of nearly 60% fat.

Magpies are considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world and the only non-mammal species able to recognize themselves in a mirror test.


Iguanas have three eyes. Two normal eyes and a third eye on top of their head that only perceives brightness.

Sunsets on Mars are blue.

“Bluetooth” technology was named after a 10th Century king, King Harald Bluetooth. He united Denmark and Norway – just like wireless technology united computers and cell phones.

The small indents in the bottom of frozen pizzas are there to prevent air bubbles from forming inside the dough.

Talking pizza - have you tried Courgette / Zucchini Pizza Casserole - it's something different, and low carb/keto too. See more details here


~ Enjoy Your Day ~

A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

29 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I knew a couple of these facts, but not most of them. They were fun to read, but I wonder why Magpies are the most intelligent animal. I need to go look that up to answer my questions.

Tom said...

...we have a Mr. Potato Head.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These really are some fun facts. I'm old enough to remember getting a Mr. Potato Head for a Christmas present when you just got the nose and ears and parts....to put into a REAL potato! hahaha! Love this post! Enjoy your week!

J.P. Alexander said...

Muy interesante te mando un beso.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have just been assured I am NO trivia buff. I didn't know the answer to any of these. I must remember them, though. Thanks Jan for proving I'm a dufus (grin).

Chatty Crone said...

I find fun facts so interesting - I am going to pass them to my grandkids!

Practical Parsimony said...

Bic and sneeze fact I knew.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of fun facts today, I liked the Bluetooth one best! Have a great week, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Fun facts.
Thank you.

chica said...

Curiosidades agradam sempre!Algumas conhecia! beijos, linda semana! chica

roentare said...

You always told me many useful facts

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun facts. The eggplant pizza sounds delish!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

What fun! Who knew iguanas have sunroofs.

DUTA said...

I must shamefully admit, I\m not familiar with these facts. Now, I wonder about the brain and its fat content.

Divers and Sundry said...

Fascinating! I love these kinds of bits of trivia knowledge. I get a kick out of folks who come up with them in random conversation :)

Carla from The River said...

Ha.. I always enjoying learning new things.

Giorgio said...

Interesting info about magpies which I didn't know. Great Post!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Fun facts

This N That said...

Interesting facts..Thanks for sharing..even if several of them are kinda useless....but interesting anyway...Enjoy the rest of your week..

Kay G. said...

My brain is so smart to avoid looking at my nose! You have never seen my nose, LOL!!!
Fun facts, thanks!!

happyone said...

Didn't know most of these facts.
Did know that your eyes are closed when sneezing.
I remember when you had to use your own real potato with Potato Head.

Ananka said...

Cool facts. Bic pens are the only pens that don't seem to bleed when I use them! Those 2 holes must make all the difference!

Teresa said...

Me ha parecido todo muy interesante. Besos.

William Kendall said...

The pen idea makes sense.

Martha said...

Such interesting facts!

Jeanie said...

I just love it when you do posts like this! They're such fun!

Conniecrafter said...

Very interesting, the only one I knew was the sneezing and it scares me every time I go to sneeze while driving especially in a lot of traffic.
I have not tried that kind of pizza, I have only had the kind with cauliflower.

Lowcarb team member said...

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

J.P. Alexander said...
Muy interesante te mando un beso

Very interesting I send you a kiss

chica said...
Curiosidades agradam sempre!Algumas conhecia! beijos, linda semana! chica

Curiosities always please! Some knew! kisses, beautiful week! chica

Teresa said...
Me ha parecido todo muy interesante. Besos.

I found it all very interesting. Kisses.

Phil Slade said...

Sue says that I have a medical condition called Unconscious Selective Attention. But then I always remember to put gin in the trolly so I am not all bad.