Total Pageviews

Friday 15 September 2023

Friday Five Fun Facts !

As regular readers know, this blog brings a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, recipes and more! It is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. Our main focus is about the Low Carb Higher (Healthy) Fat lifestyle, LCHF for short, and you can read/find out more about that here

But today for a change I thought let's have some fun facts for Friday, so please read on. I've only shared five, and you will see that you are invited to answer the questions in the comments section ...

1. The first roller coaster was used to transport coal down a hill. After people found that it could reach speeds up to 50 miles per hour, tourists asked to ride on it for a few cents.

Roller coasters have always been popular ... nowadays I leave them for younger family members to enjoy 😊 Question - do you/did you enjoy roller coaster rides? 

2. Warner Bros cancelled “Home Alone” because they didn’t want to spend $14 million on it. 21st Century Fox continued the production, and the film grossed $476 million worldwide.

I can remember seeing this film and enjoying it 😊 Question - have you seen this film? Did you enjoy it?

3. It took the creator of the Rubik’s Cube, Erno Rubik, one month to solve the cube after creating it; as of June 2018, the world record is 4.22 seconds.

I did try the Rubik's Cube many years ago but never solved it 😐 Question - have you ever completed the Rubik's Cube?

4. The brain is our fattiest organ and is composed of nearly 60% fat.

I had previously read about the brain, it also weighs about three pounds in the average adult 😊 Question - did you know that it is composed of almost 60% fat?

5. Strawberries can also be white or yellow, and some can even taste like pineapples.

Call me old fashioned but I still prefer my strawberries that nice red colour 😋 Question - do you like strawberries? Do you have any preference for colour?

Finally as strawberries have been mentioned I thought you may like to enjoy
a no-bake strawberry cheesecake - more details can be seen here


A variety of recipe ideas are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

25 comments:

Tom said...

...a Rubik’s Cube is too complex for me.

Elephant's Child said...

I didn't know that the brain was so high in fat. Perhaps calling someone a fathead isn't the insult that we thought.
I have only ever seen red strawberries. I have never attempted the Rubiks cube nor seen Home Alone.

Lori Miller said...

1. I loved roller coasters in my younger days. Now, my neck is too prone to kinking.
2. I love Home Alone--it's one of my favorite Christmas movies. It reminds me of the chapter in Luke when Jesus's parents left him behind in Jerusalem.
3. I'm usually good at spatial puzzles, but never could solve a Rubik's cube. In junior high, we just took them apart and put them back together,.
4. Yes--I knew the brain was mostly fat from watching Fathead.
5. I like strawberries and I like pretty much everything in their traditional colors.

J.P. Alexander said...

Uy no lo sabía siempre es genial aprender algo nuevo. Les deseo un bu7en fin de semana.

Catarina said...

1. Absolutely not!
2. Yes. I believe I've seen them all with my kids.
3. I did my best. My best was not good enough.
4. Hmmmm... No, I don't think I knew about that.
5. I've bought yellow strawberries. I prefer the red ones.
: )

Christine said...

Love the facts

Margaret D said...

Interesting.
Always red strawberries for me.
Never figuered out the cude, and was amuzed that the maker of it couldn't get it our for a long time..

roentare said...

Strawberries do taste like pineapples in a way

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I use to love roller coasters, until my neck starting hurting.
I like my strawberries red.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Donna said...

I've never eaten another color of strawberry...the pineapple one sounds intriguing!
hugs
Donna

My name is Erika. said...

here's my answers:

1) I do enjoy roller coasters, but I don't rush out of my way to ride them
2) I've seen it and it's fun
3) Nope, I've never finished one. I just get frustrated
4)I did know that about the brain
5) I love strawberries When I visited Japan we actually had pink strawberries which didn't taste any different but looked great.
have a great weekend

Jeanie said...

I hate roller coasters, thought Home Alone was OK, never did a Rubik (or finished one), love red berries but news about the brain.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your strawberry cheeesecake looks great! Valerie

Bill said...

I tried the Rubik's Cube once and gave up.

Mary Kirkland said...

I have never completed a Rubik's Cube. I don't get how some people can solve them so fast.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Cosas curiosas muy interesantes que no conocía.
Feliz fin de semana.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

1. I used to like them when I was younger, I think my head would go all funny now.
2. I saw it years ago and enjoyed it.
3. No never
4. Yes
5. Yes, a lovely red colour, they always taste better

Enjoy your weekend

happyone said...

Love roller coasters.
Saw Home Alone and liked it.
Never solved Rubiks Cube.
Like strawberries and I like them RED. :)

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa noite de quinta-feira. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Bom final de semana com muita paz e saúde.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por los consejos. Te mando un beso.

Conniecrafter said...

Have rode a roller coaster, don't care to again
Yes seen Home alone, all I remember is all the things he did to the bad guys
Never completed the Rubiks cube
Didn't know the brain had that much fat, I need some from my hips to go up to my brain, LOL
Love Strawberries, never saw them any color but red, if I wanted something that taste like pineapple I would eat that

Norma2 said...

Jean, I have read that psychological studies of individual differences showed that men had greater ability to turn objects in space and spatial orientation, while women had greater mastery in language." However, these are group studies, so it does not mean that there are women with good performance in nonverbal tasks and men with good verbal prowess.

Teresa said...

Me ha encantado tu reportaje. Las fresas me gustan rojas. Besos.

William Kendall said...

I still have a Cube.

Snowbird said...

Great fun facts! I hate roller coasters, haven't seen Home Alone, have always been defeated by the Rubix cube, had no idea re the brain and like red strawberries.xxx