Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 September 2023

It's Midweek Omelette Time !

Goodness me, it's Wednesday already and we plan to start our day with a Cheesy Mushroom Omelette, so quick, easy and nutritious and sets you up nicely for the day.


Ingredients
Serves 1
1 tbsp. olive oil
handful button or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
25g cheddar, grated
small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
2 eggs, beaten

Method
1. Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan. Tip in the mushrooms and fry over a high heat, stirring occasionally for 2-3 mins until golden. Lift out of the pan into a bowl and mix with the cheese and parsley.
2. Place the pan back on the heat and swirl the eggs into it. Cook for 1 min or until set to your liking, swirling with a fork now and again.
3. Spoon the mushroom mix over one half of the omelette. Using a spatula or palette knife, flip the omelette over to cover the mushrooms. Cook for a few moments more, lift onto a plate and eat by itself (or perhaps with a nice salad).
From original idea here

Do you like omelettes? Have you a favourite?
Please share with us in the comments.


~ wishing you a happy day ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

roentare said...

Looks a very healthy omlette!

Tom said...

...eggs aren't just for breakfast.

Elephant's Child said...

It sounds good - though I would be more likely to have an omelette as an evening meal than for breakfast.

Catarina said...

Delicious, I'm sure.

J.P. Alexander said...

si me gustan las tortillas y gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Fun60 said...


My favourite is tomato omelette

Donna said...

Oh, that looks so good!
hugs
Donna

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Mushroom omelette is good. Also with ham, or bacon bits, or Stilton cheese (or equivalent).

God bless.

Shari Burke said...

Love omellettes! I think my favourite is cheese, scallion, salsa, and some brown rice but I like plain cheese, too--with peri-peri seasoning sprinkled on top :-)

linda said...

Monday is my omelette day, I usually add whatever needs using up, no two are ever the same. 🙂

eileeninmd said...

Yummy omelette!
Take care, have a wonderful day!

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy that omelette.

Kim said...

I love omelettes! We eat them all the time.

happyone said...

Yes, I like omelettes.
My favorite is cheese with taco sauce.

Conniecrafter said...

Hubby was just saying this morning that an omelet sounding good but he was in a hurry no time

Bill said...

I love omelettes with some toast.

Valerie-Jael said...

Good idea, I think I will make myself some scrambled eggs this evening! Hugs, Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Omelettes in the evening are better than at breakfast.

Jeanie said...

I'm good with omelets till the flip. But I love them!

Teresa said...

Seguro que está riquísima. Besos.

Lowcarb team member said...

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

J.P. Alexander said...
si me gustan las tortillas y gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso

If I like tortillas and thanks for the recipe. I send you a kiss

Teresa said...
Seguro que está riquísima. Besos

I'm sure it's delicious. Kisses

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE omelettes. I love eggs, period. This looks healthy. My favorite is colby jack cheese and canned chilies. A chili relleno without all the fuss!

Norma2 said...

Jean, tomorrow I will prepare it for lunch, I find it very rich!

William Kendall said...

I had a western omelet on a panini bread for dinner last night.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like omelets. I wish The Husband liked mushrooms; this looks delicious.

Mintos News said...

Hi, My name is Ashu Rana, Founder https://mintosnews.blogspot.com . I am a social and Tech blogger. Our motive to build this website to provide News, like Art and Culture, Business, Education, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Personal Development, Sports and Technology.