Total Pageviews

Friday 22 September 2023

Pizza Fish ... have you tried it?

Have you tried Pizza Fish? This recipe idea from Diet Doctor site gives you Pizza flavours without the carbs! This low carb/keto meal only has 6 grams of net carbs per serving and takes less than 30 minutes to make. The refreshing, clean bite of the cabbage salad is a perfect pairing for this higher-satiety low carb and keto fish dish. The fish is oven-baked with classic Italian flavours of tomato, garlic, and oregano and topped with mozzarella. It's fast to assemble and delightful to eat, making it a weeknight winner ... try it and see what you think.


Ingredients
Serves Four
Pizza fish
1½ lbs white fish fillets
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder or fresh garlic
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup (2 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, or any other cheese of choice
1 tsp dried oregano
Cabbage salad
1 lb green cabbage, finely shredded
3 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup white wine vinegar
¾ tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt

Instructions
Pizza fish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Place the white fish fillets in a baking dish.
3. Add tomato paste, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper to a small bowl and combine.
4. Pat the fish dry with paper towels and spread the tomato mixture over each fillet. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked all the way through.
Cabbage salad
instructions for cabbage salad, some tips and original recipe idea, can be seen here

Alternative Mini Pizza's
Here are two suggestions, one is for mushroom mini pizza, and the other is for aubergine (eggplant) mini pizza. They are both a good lower carb and tasty alternative. More details here

~ enjoy your day ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

28 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

That sounds different and delicious! Thank you Jan and all the best!

CJ Kennedy said...

That would be a nice change of pace

Tom said...

...new for me.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I think my husband would love this dish. I'm not much for the fish part tho..:) I'll be copying this for my low carb cookbook. Thanks for sharing it.

Lori Miller said...

This dinner would put my new range hood to the test!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Very interesting idea. I bet it's delicious.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por receta. Te mando un beso.

Kay said...

Oh my! That sounds absolutely scrumptious!

Elephant's Child said...

The mushroom mini pizzas tempt me most - though I would leave out the bacon.

roentare said...

This is such a clever idea!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

That sounds delicious!

eileeninmd said...

Sounds interesting, pizza fish.
Thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Margaret D said...

Looks good.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds very delicious! Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks an interesting idea. When you take a bite s it like pizza and fish at the same time?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm the odd one out, Jan. That doesn't sound good to me at all, just like fish tacos are a bad idea!!

Conniecrafter said...

Well I hate fish so the thoughts of this just turns my stomach but it is an interesting idea

Christine said...

This looks good!

Bill said...

New to me but sounds and looks good.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I love fish but would never have thought of it on a pizza.

Mary Kirkland said...

I've never thought of doing that it sounds good though.

happyone said...

Not sure about that!! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

THANKS AND REPLIES

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and comments, it's always nice to receive, read and share them.

In answer to:-
Lori Miller said...
This dinner would put my new range hood to the test!

Hello Lori, I was just over on your blog reading about your new range hood.
Perhaps try out this pizza fish recipe and see :)

My name is Erika. said...
Thanks an interesting idea. When you take a bite s it like pizza and fish at the same time

Hello Erika, this is a good combination. The 'pizza topping flavours' on the fish work well. But of course it's not a pizza, so you will enjoy the fish under the topping. It's a great idea and is very low carb :)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...
I love fish but would never have thought of it on a pizza

Hello Lin, this is not a pizza. The fish works as the 'pizza base' and the topping is very flavourful just like many pizza's are. Why not try it and see :)

As it's Friday night as I type this, I wish everyone a good weekend ahead.

All the best Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sounds interesting enough to want to give it a try.

Kim said...

I've never heard of this!! Interesting...

Teresa said...

Seguro que está buenísima. Besos.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

No, I have not heard of this, but would love to try it! It sounds like a wonderfully flavored meal and I love cabbage, too.

William Kendall said...

No to seafood for me.