Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 November 2023

Take Two Cheese Soufflés

Cheese Soufflé two ways. One is made with lower carb almond flour, it's grain free, gluten free and sugar free (although you could also use coconut flour if preferred). The other uses 'regular plain' flour. Whichever recipe you may choose, I hope you enjoy your soufflé, but remember once it's risen and cooked, serve it immediately.


Low Carb / Keto Cheese and Bacon Soufflé
A perfect low carb / keto soufflé with some cheese and bacon!
It's gluten, grain and sugar free.
Ingredients
four servings - 3.6g carbs per serving
4 eggs - separated
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp almond flour
120g shredded Gruyere cheese
1 cup heavy (double) cream
6 slices bacon
Instructions
both written and with video here


Three Cheese Soufflé
uses Parmesan, Gruyere and Cheddar Cheese
Ingredients
six servings - 6.3g carbs per serving
20g plain flour
50g butter
450ml semi-skimmed milk
4 large eggs, separated
25g Parmesan, grated
50g Gruyere, grated
25g Cheddar, grated
Salt
Pepper
a few chive stalks, halved
a few basil leaves, finely sliced
Instructions
can be seen here


A little more about soufflés
A soufflé is a baked egg-based dish which originated in early eighteenth century France. It is made with egg yolks and beaten egg whites combined with various other ingredients and served as a savoury main dish or sweetened as a dessert.

What does the name soufflé mean
A soufflé is a baked dish with a flavourful base mixed with beaten egg whites. When baked, air bubbles in the egg whites expand, puffing the soufflé up over the top of the dish. The name for this signature French dish is a derivative of the French verb “souffler,” which means “to blow” or “to inflate.”

Where did soufflé originate?
The earliest mention of the soufflé is attributed to French master cook Vincent La Chapelle, in the early eighteenth century. The development and popularization of the soufflé is usually traced to French chef Marie-Antoine Carême in the early nineteenth century.
More about soufflés here

Related Post
Celeriac & Blue Cheese Soufflés, which also tells of my introduction to Soufflés, see here

Need guidance
On weight and measurement conversion, see here

You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

28 comments:

Kay said...

I've never made a soufflé but it looks delicious!

Tom said...

...how about three cheeses and bacon?

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The gluten free version please! This looks so delicious.

Anonymous said...

Have never made one -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

peppylady (Dora) said...

Bacon and cheese is good match.
Coffee is on

Lorrie said...

I do love a souffle. A collapsed souffle is still delicious.

Elephant's Child said...

Yum. It is years since I have made a souffle.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Both recipes sound wonderful

Rustic Pumpkin said...

you had me at cheese! Yummy souffle indeed and an interesting read all round.

John's Island said...

Hi Jan, One of the things I so appreciate about your blog is the way you give me new ideas for dining. 😊 I’m going to try making a Cheese Soufflé. You are so great to give us ingredients, and instructions -- both written and with video. Thank you! John

Jeanie said...

I have never made a souffle! Maybe I should try with one of these!

CJ Kennedy said...

Souffle sounds so fancy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This would be perfect for me, but mine always FALL!!

stardust said...

Your cheese souffles look delicious. I haven’t made myself but have eaten yogurt souffle and strawberry meringue souffle. Both were so good.

Pam said...

I would love that. Looks great. I have never made it and mine would prob fall for sure.

R's Rue said...

Yum

Bill said...

Never had a souffle.

Inger said...

That looks so good, but I wouldn't dare to try it. Jan, thanks for asking about my tele meeting. It went better than it has in a long time, so I'm very pleased. We made several adjustments to my pump and my nurse practitioner told me I could call her if it doesn't work. So all is good.

happyone said...

I bet it tastes wonderful.

Mary Kirkland said...

Both of those sound good.

Food Blogger said...

Wow, looks good. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!

Fun60 said...

I've never attempted to make a souffle.

Lowcarb team member said...

REPLY TO INGER

Hello Inger, many thanks for your comment here and also for letting me know how things went with your diabetic nurse practitioner, that sounds good news.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

i have never made a souffle', but these look really good!!

Conniecrafter said...

I have never tried one before

Kim said...

Been catching up on your posts, but had to stop here to comment...um...YUM!! They all look so good, but you had me at two cheese and soufflé. I've never made one, but your recipe makes me want to try...

Louca por porcelana said...

Looks great. I made it with carrots a long time ago. Best wishes.

Teresa said...

No lo he hecho nunca y me gustaría hacerlo. Besos.