Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 January 2024

Paprika Pork with Red Peppers : Low Carb Midweek Dinner

Just lightly spiced and satisfyingly creamy, this pork recipe needs only a handful of ingredients, and the addition of sliced red peppers gives the dish more depth and texture.


INGREDIENTS
Serves Four
4 pork chops or escalope's
1 onion
1 clove garlic
2 red peppers
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp tomato puree
200ml chicken or vegetable stock
200ml crème fraiche
Chopped fresh parsley

METHOD
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the pork chops or escalope's for two minutes on each side until lightly golden brown. Remove to a plate.

Finely slice the onion, peppers and garlic and add to the pan you had sealed the pork in. Cook over a moderate heat for about ten minutes until soft and translucent.

Stir in the tomato puree and then pour over the stock. Return the pork to the pan and simmer for five minutes until slightly syrupy. Add the crème fraiche and some seasoning and simmer for two more minutes before stirring in a handful of chopped fresh parsley.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS
Mashed swede (rutabaga) or cauliflower rice, and perhaps some green beans.

From original recipe here

Dear reader, you will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

Mari said...

This sounds like another good one. I have trouble though when I cook pork that way, it seems to turn out tougher than when I cook it longer at a lower temp. I think I could adjust this recipe to do that though.
Thanks!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Looks good
I'm reminded I'm out of paprika.

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful dish and I love the idea of mashed suede and also cauliflower. I think they call suede over here rutabaga. I haven't bought one in a long time. Thanks for the recipe and links Jan. All the best!

Elephant's Child said...

Not for me - but enjoy.

Angie's Recipes said...

Very flavourful and moreish!

diane b said...

Looks delicious. Except I'm not fussed on peppers.

Margaret D said...

Looks good Jan.

jabblog said...

Tasty. Peppers add piquancy to dishes - good raw, too.

eileeninmd said...

Sounds delicious! Take care, have a great day!

Kinga K. said...

I love red peppers :D

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This certainly looks very tasty. Thanx Jan.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

So yummy -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

R's Rue said...

Looks so good

Chatty Crone said...

Looks very full of flavor!

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy! And I am so hungry just now! Have a great week!

Divers and Sundry said...

That would improve my pork chop suppers!

Carola Bartz said...

This looks and sounds delicious. We love red bell pepper, so this is perfect for us. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I will definitely try this.

Carola Bartz said...

I just left a comment and then I got a "Whoops" message and it went away. So I'm trying again - this looks and sounds delicious. We love red bell pepper and this is something I would definitely make. I copied and saved the recipe - thank you so much for sharing!

Aritha V. said...

Dank je. It looks delicious.

happyone said...

That sure looks good. I like pork chops but when I make them they are never as tender as I would like.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We had pork chops earlier this week and used a different recipe, also easy. The shops were seasoned and seared, then removed from the pan and some chicken brother, sweetener (honey or brown sugar) added, then some apple cider vinegar and a small slice of butter. This recipe sounds like another one to try in the future provided I already have all the ingredients available.

Debbie said...

this sounds delicious...i like the ingredients!!

Mrs Swan said...

This looks good! Would be even easier if all the vegs were pre-chopped. I had to ask Alexa what escalope was though LOL

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Nice one.

Teresa said...

Se ve bien esta receta. Besos.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that looks good