Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Dr Malhotra featured in Debrett’s 500 most influential people in Britain.

I am delighted to share that this week I was named in the “Debrett’s 500 most influential people in Britain” featured in the Sunday Times.

To be included in a list of 19 of the most influential people in science and medicine, including physicist Stephen Hawking, is a great honour. The list expands across: music, sport, politics, philanthropy, stage and screen included the likes of Adele, Andy Murray, Boris Johnson, Malala Yousafzai and Daniel Craig.

Most importantly I perceive this as a tribute to the message behind the campaign to strive for greater transparency in nutritional science and medicine. This year I will do my utmost to ensure that we not only improve the current dietary guidelines, which in my view are a root cause of the obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemic, but also I will continue to push international governments to introduce health policies that have the potential to save millions of lives globally. 

I hope that a documentary I have co-produced with filmmaker Donal O’Neill on the truth about heart disease, to be released in the next few months, will catalyse that process.

More on this story here.

Eddie

1 comment:

chris c said...

Dieticians today issued a Fatwah on Aseem Malhotra.