Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Baked Bacon Omelette With Chives


This dish could be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, tea or supper! You choose when you'd like to tuck in. Remember, recipes can always be amended slightly if you have other preferred choices -  but I like it how it is!

Ingredients:
Serves One
3g carb per serving
2 eggs
5 oz. / 150 g bacon cut in cubes
3 oz. / 75 g butter
2 oz. / 50 g fresh spinach
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper according to taste

If you love cheese, you might want to mix in some grated cheddar or sprinkle parmesan on top before baking. Sautéed onions are another yummy possible addition.
Please see cooking instructions at Diet Doctor site here


Chives ... The smallest and most delicate member of the onion family, chives are a popular herb used in European cookery. They have long, thin green blades that are hollow inside. They have a mild, grassy flavour similar to baby spring onions or young leeks. There is also an Asian variety of chive called Chinese chives, garlic chives or kuchai.

Buyer's guide:
Chives are in season in spring and summer. Fresh chives are widely available from supermarkets and garden centres. Do not substitute fresh chives for dried, as the finished dish will taste musty.

Storage:
Keep fresh chives refrigerated for up to three days.

Preparation:
Snip chives with scissors instead of chopping them, and do not subject them to much cooking as they are delicate. Instead, use chives in garnishes, salads, egg mayonnaise sandwiches, vegetable stocks, soups, creamy sauces, potato dishes and omelettes, adding the herb to the dish just before serving. Purple-blue chive flowers are also eaten and used as a garnish.


Hope you may enjoy this recipe suggestion soon ...

All the best Jan

23 comments:

Tom said...

...yummmm!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

This is a great recipe and I love chives. Hope you guys are doing great, and enjoying the summer days

Valerie-Jael said...

I wish I could get a portion beamed over just now! Looks great,hugs, Valerie

Carol Blackburn said...

Thank you! Now I have a new Sunday brunch for next Sunday. Love it!

Mac n' Janet said...

Directions please.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh this would be yummy, and I could use faux bacon!

Lowcarb team member said...

Janet of 'Mac n'Janet' asked
Directions please.

Hi Janet, I did give the link in the post it's on the green here!
But this is a lovely recipe, originally seen on Diet Doctor site, and here is the link in full ...

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/baked-bacon-omelet

I'm sure you will love it!

All the best Jan

Christine said...

This looks so good, and thanks for the info on the chives.

Betsy said...

Oh my gosh this looks so delicious! I am going to make it. I have plenty of chives in a pot and love putting them in recipes. Betsy

Linda said...

When is dinner? This looks delicious, Jan! :)

Jo said...

Fabulous. Definitely one to try.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jan! If I could only make this without the butter. So far I have lost 2kilos on my no fat, low carb diet, and feel great. It looks delicious.

Gloria Baker said...

Love this omelette Look wonderful !!

Mary Kirkland said...

I would eat that.

William Kendall said...

That sounds delicious!

Elephant's Child said...

Swapping the bacon for mushrooms I often eat this. Usually for dinner... Yum.

DeniseinVA said...

I like to make omelettes and am always looking for different combinations to put in them. This looks great, thanks Jan :)

Martha said...

I love baked dishes like this. I'll have to omit the bacon because I don't eat it but everything else is a go.

Sue (this n that) said...

A good reminder of a simple dish - thanks Jan :D)

Revrunner said...

I had a garden full of chives in one of my previous houses. I miss having them ready at hand.

Phil Slade said...

My Sue loves bacon and eggs but from a frying pan. This is perfect for her if I can "lose" the frying pan for a day or two.

Magic Love Crow said...

Yummy!! Thanks Jan!

Lisa said...

Bacon and eggs. Two of my most favourite things!
Lisa x