Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Thai ginger-cured prawns with mango : A great mix for tasty canapés


How about these for tasty canapés !

Ingredients
20 large prawns, peeled and cooked
1tsp root ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1tsp sugar
1tsp fish sauce
juice of a lime
1 mango, peeled
fresh coriander 

Mix 20 large peeled and cooked prawns with 1tsp grated root ginger, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 deseeded and chopped red chilli, 1tsp sugar, 1tsp fish sauce and the juice of a lime.

Chill for 30 minutes to marinate. Toothpick each prawn with a small chunk of peeled, ripe mango. Top with some fresh coriander just before serving.

Each Serving:
Carbohydrate 1.4g Protein 1.6g Fibre 0.3g Fat 0.1g
From an original idea here

All the best Jan

18 comments:

Catarina said...

It sounds and looks really good.

I love shrimps. Never thought of combining them with mango! It will be a new experience!

Thanks!
: )

Blogoratti said...

Interesting mix, not a fan of prawns but I'm sure it tastes great. Greetings!

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks very tasty, too. Hugs, Valerie

gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com said...

I love prawns this look delicious !

Christine said...

I love shrimp, looks yummy!

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks yummy. I'd need about 5 servings though I am sure.

Launna said...

Hi Jan, thank you for dropping by and commenting. I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago. I seriously miss writing, I NEED to make time... it always helps me and I feel better... writing is good therapy ♡♡♡

SHON said...

Great dish! Thanks!

Elephant's Child said...

Mmmmm mango. Love it.

Tom said...

...count me in!

sanpiseth40 said...


i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
ตารางคะแนน

Susan Kane said...

Mango...prawns...life is good.

Linda said...

Oooh, I would love to try this!

Revrunner said...

Glad the shrimp was "cured". :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Lover of anything Thai, this is now on my list. Thanks again Jan :)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I may try this tonight. I have some leftover steamed shrimp from last night's dinner that should work well. No mangoes on hand, but I have a bunch of really nice fresh peaches. This'll be a great starter for our rib eye steak dinner tonight. Thanks!

Magic Love Crow said...

This is something my brother would love! Thanks Jan! Big Hugs!

Lisa said...

A miniature taste of summer.
Lisa x