We love Chilli in our house, and it can make the ideal transitional dish for late summer into early autumn/fall, … or if you are in the Southern Hemisphere a late winter, early Spring dish.
In this recipe suggestion, it is served with smoky sweet potato wedges and cooling avocado. For all who count the carbs and like to know the nutritional breakdown, per serving it's:
1 red onion
1 tsp red chilli flakes
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp oil
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 x 150g pork mince
300g sweet potato (lower carb option cauliflower rice)
Large handful of fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely slice the red onion.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat. Fry the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened.
4. Meanwhile, leaving the skin on, slice the sweet potato into small wedges. In a bowl, toss the wedges with 1 tsp oil, half of the paprika and a pinch of sea salt. Spread out onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through.
5. Add the pork mince to the pan with the onion and cook for 10 mins until golden, breaking the mince up in the pan with a spatula. Then add the chilli flakes, the remaining paprika and passata to the pork mince and cook for a further 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Peel and de-stone the avocado, thinly slice. Roughly chop the coriander.
From original recipe here
You will find a variety of recipe ideas/suggestions within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you, if you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan