Total Pageviews

Monday 3 January 2022

Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad

Cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable. It is very low in calories yet high in vitamins, and can provide some powerful health benefits, and is a great source of nutrients. In fact, cauliflower contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need, including a few that many people need more of. Additionally cauliflower contains unique antioxidants that may reduce inflammation and protect against several diseases, such as cancer and heart disease. What’s more, cauliflower is easy to add to your diet. It’s tasty and can replace high-carb foods in many recipes, for example this low carb mash.


Today, I share this Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad, it is full of wonderful vegetables and makes a tasty low carb, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dish.

Ingredients
Serves Four
For The Salad
1 small/medium head cauliflower - cut off the florets
1 cup red onion - chopped
1 cup cucumber - chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes - cut in half
¼ cup black olives
¼ cup fresh parsley - chopped
For The Dressing
2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
1 garlic clove - minced
Instructions
1. Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it's a rice-like consistency.
2. Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 3-4 minutes. The time will depend on the power of the microwave.
3. Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer to a salad bowl.
4. Add all the rest of the salad ingredients in the salad bowl.
5. In a mason jar, pour the olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add salt, pepper, garlic and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
7. Top with parsley and enjoy.
If you need help with weight/measurement conversion please see here
See the original recipe idea here

Simple Ways You Can Increase Your Daily Vegetable Intake
see here

You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

34 comments:

Catarina said...

I will be making this salad tomorrow after I buy cauliflower. Quite an interesting way to use it in salads.

My resolution : I will make sure I eat cauliflower twice of three times a week.

Thank you!!

Tom said...

...sounds and like wonderful.

Christine said...

Looks delicious!

Practical Parsimony said...

That sounds scrumptious!

Rose said...

Oh, my, this sounds delicious. I love cauliflower raw or cooked.

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rica, gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso

Elephant's Child said...

That sounds excellent. Thank you.

Debbie said...

i will definitely be trying this, it sounds so yummy!!!

italiafinlandia said...

Hello Jan,
Here in Finland I have tasted raw cauliflower in salads too.

Phil Slade said...

Happy New Year Jan, Eddie and family. On this occasion, but just the one, I will forgive the cauliflower recipe.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Delicious cauliflower salad, just so expensive for me !!!!Will do me anyway!

Bob Bushell said...

The colours, the taste and it is good for you, lovely.

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy, thanks for sharing! Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Looks so pretty, a delicious salad.
Thanks for sharing!
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Jo said...

Delicious. I love cauliflower.

CJ Kennedy said...

This looks so delicious!

Creations By Cindy said...

This looks amazing! I love cauliflower! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bill said...

Looks great!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Quite colorful.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks absolutely divine. I'm copying the recipe for when I go to the market again.

carol l mckenna said...

Looks delish and so healthy! Xo


Wishing you lots of happy moments,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

DVArtist said...

Ohhh yum. I think I will make this today.

Little Wandering Wren said...

This sounds like a perfect and healthy way to start the year!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

R's Rue said...

Delish.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...


Happy and Healthy New Year!

This looks like a very healthy and delicious salad I often prefer to eat cauliflower raw instead of cooked.

Carla from The River said...

YUM!!!
Happy 2022!

happyone said...

Looks very good!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I will set this recipe aside for lunch on the patio on a warm summer's day, with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc perhaps. Feel free to join us.

Teresa said...

Nunca he usado la coliflor en ensalada, y la receta se ve bien. Besos.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the look of this but I don't suppose my husband would.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I've made a salad like this before but we didn't like the raw cauliflower. Yours looks exceptional.

William Kendall said...

All of the ingredients agree with me, so I'd like that.

Snowbird said...

That looks delicious, I must give it a whirl.xxx

Sami said...

An interesting use for cauliflower. I usually only use it for "rice".
Thanks Jan and have a wonderful New Year.