Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 January 2022

Pork Chops (or Chicken Breast) with Asparagus and Herbed Butter : Low Carb / Keto

This is a delicious and easy one-pan meal by Libby Jenkinson that you and your family will love. The bonus is minimal clean-up, as you cook your main dish, side dish, and sauce all in one pan!


Ingredients
Serves Four
4g net carbs per serving
2 lbs (900g) pork chops or chicken breasts
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
3 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup (120ml) chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
½ cup (120ml) heavy (double) whipping cream
1 lb (450g) green asparagus, chopped
Instructions
can be seen here


Asparagus is a nutritious and tasty addition to any diet. It’s low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fibre, folate and vitamins A, C and K. Additionally, eating asparagus has a number of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion, healthy pregnancy outcomes and lower blood pressure. Plus, it’s easy to prepare and makes a delicious addition to a number of 
recipes.
Read more here

You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas, are within this blog. It is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

Many thanks for reading, wishing you a happy weekend.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico el plato. Gracias por la receta lo haré pronto.

Tom said...

...they both would be a treat.

Christine said...

Looks delicious!

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds good Happy weekend

Martha said...

Yum! Throw in some mushrooms and I'm in heaven!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Either with pork or chicken, I'm sure this recipe would make me happy!

Pam said...

OH yummy. I made a pork tenderloin cooked Mississippi Pot Roast style which is amazing, scalloped potatoes and pinto beans for dinner tonight. It was so good.

NanaDiana said...

Thank you- Thank you- Thank you. I just picked up some pork chops on sale today and was wondering what I could do with them. This is perfect!
Happy weekend- xo Diana

My name is Erika. said...

Anything is improved with asparagus. Happy weekend!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Asparagus is one of my fav veggies.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Elephant's Child said...

Mmmmmm. Asparagus is one of my favourite vegetables.

Valerie-Jael said...

They both sound great! Valerie
Have a great weekend!

Jo said...

Oooh yum! I'd like this with both chicken or pork.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Looks good
Reminds me to thaw out some chicken

Have a fun week-end!

Jeanie said...

That looks good! And, a reminder that I haven't had pork chops in quite awhile. I have to remedy that!

Divers and Sundry said...

It looks delicious! I'll definitely try this one.

William Kendall said...

Looks good!

Bill said...

Looks delicious. I'd go with the chicken.

Ananka said...

I like asparagus a lot :-D

shirleysimplerecipe said...

Looks yum 😁!

DVArtist said...

This sounds so good.

bread&salt said...

I havent tried asparagus before but looks great.

Teresa said...

Me encantan los espárragos. Besos.

Lee said...

This might just have to be on my menu for tomorrow...or the next day!! :)

Conniecrafter said...

this sounds interesting

Martha said...

Sounds so tasty. Definitely chicken breasts for me!