Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 September 2022

Do you know anyone who likes chocolate cupcakes?



Our youngest granddaughter, who is such a sweetheart, has always enjoyed chocolate cupcakes. This photograph of her was taken a few years ago, and it always makes me smile 😊 How she got so messy eating a delicious chocolate cake we didn't like to ask - but I remember it was a hot day - so I think the chocolate was quite soft! LOL! "Grandma have you got some wet-wipes please" 

But talking of chocolate cupcakes reminded me of Libby at Ditch the Carbs site keto/low carb recipe for them. She uses almond flour, they are naturally gluten-free, sugar-free, and with only 3g net carbs are perfect if you are diabetic, but can also be enjoyed by non-diabetics 😋  
 

Keto chocolate cupcakes
110 g (1 stick) butter melted
6 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice, or more, to your taste
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs - medium
50 g (½ cup) cocoa powder unsweetened
200 g (2 cups) almond meal/flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons heavy (double) cream if necessary

Keto chocolate frosting
1 keto buttercream optional

Instructions
and lots more to read
can be seen here

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

39 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cute photo! Chocolate cupcakes would be my favorite, yum!
Thanks for the recipe! Have a great weekend.

Phil Slade said...

I think your granddaughter and one of ours, Isabella, should have a chocolate eating contest. it looks like it might be a close contest Grandma.

Tom said...

...yes I do!

CJ Kennedy said...

That has to be one of the sweetest faces I've ever seen. Looks like your granddaughter sure enjoyed her chocolate cupcake.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I am delighted with your lovely granddaughter.
I love chocolate cupcakes. Thank you very much for the recipe.
Have a nice weekend:)

Christine said...

She is such a cutie!

DUTA said...

Your granddaughter is adorable with or without the mess caused by the melting cupcake cream!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'd love to try this recipe. I made some one time but they came out heavy and dense. It's fun to have cupcakes...no matter your age!

linda said...

She's so cute, my DIL just sent me a similar photo of my grandson eating chocolate ice cream, you are allowed to get messy when you eat any type of chocolate treat, those cup cakes look yummy.

Jo said...

That's such a great photo. Yes, I like chocolate cupcakes too, yum!

Lorrie said...

What an adorable photo. Love the smile and the utter delight in chocolate cupcakes! I like them, too.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for the recipe
Adorable photo!
Way to process cupcake by hand, I have icing first, the top, press the remainder together and bite off the rest.

carol l mckenna said...

She is so adorable and knows how to enjoy a chocolate cup cake ~ great photo ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
(aks A Creative Harbor)

Elephant's Child said...

That is a brilliant (and very happy) photo.

Mary Kirkland said...

She is adorable.

It's me said...

It’s me !!!🍀🍀🍀 what a sweetie your granddaughter 🍀💗🍀

happyone said...

Cute picture. I LOVE chocolate cup cakes!!!

Kay said...

Oh my! She is adorable! I love anything chocolate!

sandy said...

Your granddaughter is so cute in that pic!!

J.P. Alexander said...

Es muy linda tu nieta. Y el los pasteles de chocolate siempre son geniales. Te mando un beso.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I shall try the cupcake recipe. And it's still pretty hot right now, so I will stay close to the baby wipes.

Your granddaughter is lovely, such joy in her smile!

Margaret D said...

Thoroughly enjoyed by the photo, and what a lovely smile she has.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your granddaughter is adorable. Wet wipes indeed. I would love one of those, too. As long as I don't have to bake it myself.

Teresa said...

Bonita fotografía de tu nieta, se ve que le gusta el chocolate. Besos.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a little Sweetie! Valerie

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I just love cupcakes. Any flavour. Happiness in a cup.

God bless.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Las he comprado ya elaboradas. Me encanta el chocolate.

Feliz domingo.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Gostei de ver o doce sorriso da menina.
Um abraço e bom Domingo.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm with her! Chocolate cupcakes bring a smile :)

Bob Bushell said...

Yes, me. ha ha ha.

William Kendall said...

Who can pass on those?

Susan Kane said...

Sweet little girl. The smile is precious. And the dress reminds me of my own from the 50s.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I do ;) :)

My name is Erika. said...

What an adorable face!

CherryPie said...

So cute :-)

Angie said...

In general, I like cake, but it's the frosting I ADORE!

Conniecrafter said...

Aww that is the cutest picture of your granddaughter enjoying her cupcake, love the simple things that bring those big smiles and great memories!

Ananka said...

What a cute photo :-D

Martha said...

That is the cutest, sweetest photo of your granddaughter!