1 red onion
1 medium aubergine (eggplant)
1 yellow pepper
2 red peppers
2 courgettes (zucchini)
1 fennel bulb, small
90ml olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
10g fresh basil, torn
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 220°C, fan 200°C.
2. Peel the onions, cut into quarters and then cut each quarter lengthways again. Roughly chop the remaining vegetables to a similar size and place into a large bowl with the onions.
3. Pour over the olive oil, add the garlic and use your hands to mix thoroughly. Spread out the vegetables in a roasting tray and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the roasting tray in the oven. Once the vegetables have started to colour, around 10-15 minutes, add the tomato and basil.
5. Mix well and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are well coloured but remain reasonably crunchy in texture.
6. Remove from the oven, season to taste and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Carbohydrate 13.6g Protein 4.1g Fat 11g
From an original idea here
All the best Jan