Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 September 2022

Cauliflower : Three Lower Carb Recipe Choices

The cauliflower is one of the most versatile foods in the low carbers recipe book. From cauliflower cheese to finely grated as a rice substitute or mash with butter and use as a topping for shepherds and fish pies etc. With minimal carb content and over three times the vitamin C as potatoes, a truly great food. There are many different recipes where cauliflower can be used, below you will find three recipe suggestions, if you should try them I hope you enjoy them.

Garlic and herb cauliflower mac and cheese with bacon
Mac and cheese is the ultimate in comfort food.
This low carb version with garlic and herbs may become the whole family's new favourite.
more details/recipe here


Roasted Spicy Cauliflower
Low-Carb Roasted Spicy Cauliflower is a recipe where cauliflower is tossed with olive oil, spicy red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and roasted until it’s tender and lightly browned … it’s delicious.
This Spicy Cauliflower is a treat that’s vegan, dairy-free, low-carb, Keto, and gluten-free.
If you like spicy food and are a cauliflower fan, this could become one of your favourite ways to cook it!
more details/recipe here


Garlic and chilli prawns with cauliflower rice
A tasty meal with a healthy twist.
Swap out basmati rice for a light alternative made by blitzing cauliflower florets.
Combine with king prawns cooked in garlic, chilli and ginger,
spring onions, pepper, courgette and peas for a vegetable packed main meal.
more details/recipe here


You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

34 comments:

Sue said...

I do like cauliflower, but have never thought to have it with prawns, although this does look delicious. I've just seen your recipe for the peanut butter fat bombs and this is definitely one to try! Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Elephant's Child said...

Yum. I will certainly try these recipes (with adjustments). Thank you.

William Kendall said...

My mother would tend to make it with a white sauce and nutmeg.

Tom said...

...they are look good.

Christine said...

Delicious selection!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Shrimp takes the prize
Coffee is on and stay safe

My name is Erika. said...

I need to try that cauliflower mac and cheese. It sounds like a great addition to a lower carb menu. Hugs-Erika

Catarina said...

Good suggestions.

Caty said...

Ohh those recipes look really delicious Jan ! Thanks so much for sharing. I like cauliflower very much, alone, with olive oil, salt and vinegar. Never done cauliflower rice, may try it.
I wish you a great new week,
Big hugs, Caty

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por las recetas me gusta mucho la coliflor te mando un beso.

Angie's Recipes said...

They all look so yummy, esp. the one with shrimps!

Jutta Kupke said...

Der Blumenkohl gehört zu meinen Lieblingsgemüse.
Gerade der Reis daraus ist so vielseitig zu genießen !
Danke für die Rezepte, sind alle toll !
LG

Fun60 said...

I llke cauliflower especially with a cheese sauce and bacon. Some new ideas to look at in these recipes.

Margaret D said...

Looking good and I do love cautliflour.

Valerie-Jael said...

They all sound very good! Have a great week, Valerie

Jo said...

Your three dishes show how versatile cauliflower can be. It's a veg I enjoy but the rest of the family don't like it, perhaps I should try cooking it a different way and see if that makes a difference. Thank you for the birthday wishes, it was my birthday on Saturday, I had a lovely weekend of celebrations.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jan, They all look so good. The first one must taste scrumptious, but with all that cheese, It will not be so low in calories, so I will try the one with shrimps. Thank you for sharing alternative ways to eat Cauliflower
All the best..

Giorgio said...

Great recipes! I will try one of them :-) ... not to mention that cauliflower is healthy food!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
These recipes all sound yummy. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

CJ Kennedy said...

Cauliflower is the one vegetable I can't get Himself to eat.

R's Rue said...

Yummy. I love cauliflower

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Leave out the bacon in the first recipe and I will eat all of these. Great recipes.

Anonymous said...

Seeing those colorful dishes are truly making me hungry!

Conniecrafter said...

I am not big on cauliflower but the first two look interesting :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I never cook with cauliflower, much preferring it raw or steamed without sauces.

Pam said...

I love this raw but not cooked and due to that I have not tried the creaming of those like taters...lol

Maria Rodrigues said...

Excellent suggestions. What a delicious look.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs and all the best

Sandra Cox said...

The roasted cauliflower looks especially good. Thanks for sharing.`

Ananka said...

I like the idea of the first 2 :-D

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Cauliflower is always a healthy choice. This recipe looks delicious.

Martha said...

These look delicious! We eat A LOT of cauliflower. It's one of our favourites.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh those look lovely, You've inspired me to make a cauliflower curry!

Teresa said...

Muy interesante receta. Buen día.

Snowbird said...

I love cauliflower, I'll be going for the spicy one!xxx