Did you know that among many of eggs benefits they are:-
1. Full of Vitamins and Minerals - Including vitamins B, C, D, E, K, and more.
2. They can help to lower high blood pressure, peptides present in eggs have been shown to help reduce high blood pressure.
3. Eggs are a great source of protein, one egg contains 6 grams of protein.
4. Eggs contain a high level of essential omega-3 fatty acids, an essential nutrient and good for your heart.
5. They have nine essential amino acids ... yes, eggs are known as the perfect food as they contain all 9 of the essential amino acids.
Read more about eggs on this post here
So with eggs in mind I am sharing this tasty egg casserole bake recipe you may wish to try 😋
½ cup coconut milk, milk or cashew milk
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (divided)
1 pound ground chicken sausage (or your favourite sausage)
2 cups arugula
1.5 cups cauliflower rice
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (e.g. goat cheddar)
Salt and pepper
Fresh parsley or green onion, to garnish
2. In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of avocado oil over medium heat. Once hot, add your sausage and brown the meat, stirring occasionally. Once fully cooked through, add the cauliflower rice and cook until tender, then mix in the arugula. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the heat from the skillet and meat to wilt the arugula. Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes.
3. Once the sausage mixture has cooled slightly, whisk it into the egg mixture a little at a time to prevent the eggs from scrambling. Sprinkle on about ? of the cheese mixture.
4. Use avocado oil spray or butter to grease a baking dish. Pour the egg mixture in and top with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top and edges of the bake are browned and the casserole feels firm to the touch. Allow the bake to cool, then cut into 6 or 8 pieces and top with chopped parsley or green onion.
All the best Jan