Total Pageviews

Friday 6 October 2023

Did You Know !


The average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world in their lifetime.

Assuming the average person lives until they’re 80, they will walk about 110,000 miles in their lifetime.

The circumference of the equator is 24,900 miles. 

During your lifetime, you will spend around thirty-eight days brushing your teeth.

This equals out to about 35.5 days in total.

At about two minutes per day, this equates to 0.1% of your life!

Tears contain a natural pain killer which reduces pain and improves your mood.

It’s actually an endorphin, which is why you can tend to feel better after a good cry!

So next time you feel the need to break down, don’t be shy!

Did you / do you know any of these three facts?


~ enjoy your day ~

This blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes!

However, not all the recipe ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

Tom said...

...the info on tears is interesting.

Elephant's Child said...

I did know about tears. The detail of the other facts is new to me.

J.P. Alexander said...

Muy interesante no conocía ninguno de esos datos. Te mando un beso.

Practical Parsimony said...

I knew none of this. I will make it a point to cry more.

Angie's Recipes said...

Some really interesting facts! Thanks for sharing.

Margaret D said...

Interesting and the tears makes sense.

chica said...

Bem interessante!
Lindo fds!

beijos praianos, chica

roentare said...

Your facts are always inspirational

DeniseinVA said...

Those are very interesting statistics and a pretty photo you chose. Thank you also for the links. All the best Jan and happy weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Interesting facts, thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

I didn't know any of these. I hope being a walker I will walk more times around the earth too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's good to know. I don't cry much at all any more...but I did shed a few tears a few days ago and felt better afterwards! Now I know why! Enjoy your day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun facts. I didn't know any of these.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I sort of knew 2 of them. Walking around the world 5 times, makes me feel sort of guilty I'm not keeping up. :)

happyone said...

I knew about the tears.

Jeanie said...

All of these are new to me-- and great fun!

Bill said...

Didn't know about the tears, interesting.

Conniecrafter said...

I had no idea that crying did so much.
Have a great weekend!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I knew something about tears but not the others

Rain said...

Hi Jan! ♥ No wonder I feel good after crying! ☺

Phil Slade said...

I don't think that I m near the average on those things. And as we all know, grown men never cry! Perhaps over the weather, that's all. Happy Weekend Jan and Eddie.

baili said...

very interesting not the tears one but i have cried a LOT so i know that after effect is pleasant somehow :)

carol l mckenna said...

Knew about the tears ~ but great info post ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lee said...

It's no wonder I'm tired!!! :)

Teresa said...

No lo conocía y me gustó saberlo. Besos.

William Kendall said...

I did not know these. Thanks!