9g carbs per cake
60 g ground almond
40 g soy flour
2 tbsp. cocoa
100 g Xylitol
120 ml full fat milk
40 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp vanilla extract
125 g mascarpone cheese
150 ml whipping cream
1 ½ tbsp. xylitol
1. Preheat oven to 170 C and prepare 6 muffin cases (if you use smaller, cupcake cases you will need around 10 – 12)
2. Place the flour, cocoa powder, xylitol, baking powder, salt and butter and using electric mixer beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
3. Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract in a jug and slowly pour into the flour mixture. Beat to combine it for couple of minutes.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean. Set aside to cool down.
5. For the topping whip the cream with xylitol. Add mascarpone cheese and combine together. Using piping bag decorate the cupcakes. You can use some pomegranate for decoration
All the best Jan