Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 June 2019

Salmon with Avocado topping : Low Carb : Keto

Salmon is a favourite fish of mine, and appears in my meal plans on a regular basis. This recipe suggestion is quite versatile because it can be grilled, which is great for a BBQ! Or you can fry the salmon with some butter in a frying pan or bake in the oven (400°F/200°C) for 15–20 minutes, or until the salmon is done and flakes easily with a fork. (I prefer to cook mine in the oven). It really is a low carb/keto favourite having only 6g carbs per serving. I hope you may enjoy this dish soon. 


Ingredients
Serves Four 
Salmon
1½ lbs salmon, preferably with skin
1 tsp coarse salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil


Avocado topping
2 ripe avocados
½ small red onion
7 oz. cherry tomatoes
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp salt 
½ tsp ground black pepper


Instructions for cooking
can be seen here

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Like both and yesterday had salmon and avocado but not together.
Coffee is on

Jo said...

I enjoy so many of your recipes but I'm afraid I'll have to give this one a miss as I don't like salmon or avocado. You can't please everyone all of the time, ha ha.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I prefer to oven fry my salmon also Jan.. this is one of my favourite Keto meals 💙

JFM said...

How I wish that my hubby would eat fish.
This looks so good~

Debbie said...

this looks good although i am not a lover of salmon!! i do however love avocado!!

Chatty Crone said...

That looks Delicious!

Crafty Green Poet said...

wow that's an interesting combination I'd never thought of before!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Gosto bastante de salmão e este assim preparado deve de estar delicioso, aproveito para desejar um bom Domingo.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

Miss Val's Creations said...

That topping looks amazing!

Jenn Jilks said...

Aren't avocados amazing??!! I love it!

Phil Slade said...

19 minutes grilled with a 900 watt microwave gets perfect results. You see, we have it regularly.

Elephant's Child said...

Simple meals are often the best aren't they? Meals which rely on fresh food and flavours.

Sue said...

Ooh I love salmon too, avacado not so much but I can eat in now. Have a lovely week, Sue xx

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Fantastic!!!.. Have a great week.. Cheers

Bill said...

A great meal! I love salmon and avocado but never had it together, will have to try it.

William Kendall said...

As I dislike fish, I'd pass on this one.

Rain said...

I love salmon so much, it's one of my favourite fishes....fish? What is the plural of fish lol??? I went through a burnout back in the early 2000's and was on a heavy cocktail of meds for nearly 9 years...I USED to be able to eat anything but those meds messed with my physiology and one of my favourite foods, avocado, now sends me reeling to the emergency room. I still drool whenever I see recipes with it! :)

Laura. M said...

Un buen plato.
Un abrazo.

CJ Kennedy said...

I’m not a big fan of avocado 🥑 but I do enjoy salmon

Sondra said...

That is a beautiful meal. Avocado is one of my favs!

happyone said...

Sorry to say I don't care for avocados. Will have to pass on this recipe. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks and sounds so good.

If you don't like avocado you could enjoy salmon with a mango salsa
https://www.marthastewart.com/314468/salmon-with-mango-salsa

Zahira

mamasmercantile said...

We eat a lot of fish, including salmon but I have never tried it with avocado. I will give it a go.

Valerie-Jael said...

Salmon is always delicious! Valerie

Margaret D said...

Just love salmon, had some late last week.

baili said...

this is great recipe dear Jan

though it seems hard to find avocado here

carol l mckenna said...

Oh wonderful salmon and avocado ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

This N That said...

Salmon used to be something I'd make every week when I was cooking..Easy, peasy..Have a good week..

Conniecrafter said...

Hubby is always looking for new ways to have his salmon :)

Martha said...

Delicious! I really like salmon.

Lee said...

I do love salmon fillets. A fellow sells from his van up here on the hill. He sets up in the supermarket car park Wednesdays and Thursday. I purchase delicious salmon fillets from him...they come from New Zealand's Marlborough Sounds...tip of the South Island. The salmon is deliciously oily.

Magic Love Crow said...

Looks so good! Thank you Jan! Big Hugs!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

One of my favourites ✨