I don't know about you but even though 2020 has not been the best of years and we have all been under Covid 19 worries and restrictions the days, weeks and months have still gone by so quickly. Christmas is now a matter of weeks away so with that in mind I'm sharing three different salad ideas which you may like to serve over the holiday season.
1. Mix the salad greens. ½ the basil leaves and the onion in a large bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together for the dressing in a small jar and pour over the salad green mix, retaining a couple of tablespoons to drizzle over the salad.
2. Place the mixed salad greens into a wreath shape on a flat serving dish.
3. Garnish with tomatoes and basil leaves, creating mistletoe like shapes around the wreath. Dot with bocconcini balls. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Add or switch the salad ingredients for your favourite salad ingredients, including nuts, cucumber, capsicum/peppers, olives etc.
2. Toss the clementine's and avocado with the watercress and scatter on a plate.
3. Top with the salmon.
4. Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil, and sprinkle on freshly ground black pepper.
3.6g carbohydrate 0.5g fibre 4.3g protein 10.1g fat
See more from an original idea here
All the best Jan