Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 February 2022

Saturday Smoothie : It's Green, Dairy Free and Low Carb


Do you like smoothies? Have you a favourite?
There are so many different recipe ideas to choose from.
You can use fruit, vegetables - even a mixture of both!

If you are a smoothie lover then this could be for you!
It's an idea by Fanny Lindkvist on Diet Doctor site.
It's dairy free and made with coconut milk.
Simple and delicious, and can make a good nutritional start to the day.

Ingredients
Serves Two
1⁄3 cup (100 ml) coconut milk/cream
2⁄3 cup (150 ml) water
1 – 2 tablespoons lime juice
1½ oz. (40 g) frozen spinach
2 teaspoons grated ginger
More details and instructions for this smoothie can be found here
Enjoy 😋

Ginger ... some interesting facts:
Pungent, aromatic and a little spicy, ginger is a zesty addition to many Asian dishes. Ginger has an impressive nutritional profile and, as well as being packed full of nutrients, also offers a vast array of health benefits. Ginger has been acknowledged for its anti-inflammatory effects, and as a safe and effective relief of nausea and vomiting, particularly during pregnancy. Ginger may also protect you from a number of cancers including colorectal and ovarian cancer, as well as give your overall immune system a boost.

Incorporate ginger into your life by:
Adding some freshly grated ginger into your next Asian curry or stir-fry, or combine with soy sauce, olive oil and garlic to make a healthy salad dressing.
Works well in smoothies too 😊


spotted some snowdrops, aren't they nice
~ enjoy your weekend ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

29 comments:

Martha said...

I will have to try this one. I do a lot of fruit smoothies and usually add a handful of baby spinach, can't taste it but makes it that much heathier. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Have a great weekend!

J.P. Alexander said...

Yo hago otro batido verde con espinaca apio y pepino. Probare este te mando un beso

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This sounds tasty. I like spinach. Always on our shopping list.

God bless.

Tom said...

...I must say that I have a problem with green drinks!

kathyinozarks said...

sounds delicious happy weekend

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like taste of ginger in my smoothie.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Christine said...

Looks delicious!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I haven't had a smoothie in ages. It sounds delicious. I love the snowdrops. I've never seen them in person, just in photos, so thanks for this.

Elephant's Child said...

The smoothie sounds interesting - and thank you for the snowdrops.

Granny Marigold said...

I spied a little clump of Snowdrops in my garden just today. Gives me hope that Spring is on its way.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds yummy. Yesterday we saw snowdrops, crocuses and daffs, so lovely!

Hootin Anni said...

The flowers are so pretty! Yes, I do smoothies...mainly berries.

Jo said...

I'm not a lover of smoothies but Mick has them, he adds all sorts of things to his.

mamasmercantile said...

I don't mind a fruit smoothie but not keen on the idea of adding vegetables. Beautiful snowdrops.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like spinach, never tried it in a smoothie. I like fruits smoothies.
The snowdrops are so pretty, spring is coming soon.

Jeff said...

I have never gotten into smoothies that aren't fruit, but this one looks interesting and sounds like it might be very good.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for the smoothie recipe.
All the ingredients pass my food allergy list. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

This would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day. The snowdrops are so pretty. No snowdrops here are there is still too much snow on the ground

happyone said...

No, I'm not a fan of smoothies. I'd rather chew something. :)

Lee said...

I've just squeezed four large oranges for my daily morning orange juice. I never begin a day without firstly having my orange juice...I love it!!

Take care. :)

William Kendall said...

I'm not sure I could go for spinach in a smoothie.

My name is Erika. said...

It looks like a great drink for a hot day, nice and refreshing.

Teresa said...

Muy bueno. Feliz domingo.

Conniecrafter said...

Yum, that sounds good!

Jeanie said...

I'm not a big smoothie fan -- but I am really crushing on those snowdrops! How pretty!

Hilly Nicolay said...

We had a banana and orange smoothie.
Delicious.

All the best and greetings!
Hilly

Debbie said...

i like smoothies, but i am not sure i have a favorite. this looks good!!

DVArtist said...

This looks very refreshing.

Louca por porcelana said...

Avocado smoothy. My sister's recipe.Yummy.