Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 February 2022

Super Weekend Omelette, with a goats cheese twist

Omelette with a goat’s cheese twist

Now, I'd call this 'simply super' ... but then I just love the mix of eggs, chives and goats cheese, simply served with a side salad. Yum !

Ingredients
Serves One
3 eggs
Handful fresh chives, finely chopped
½ tbsp olive oil
30g goat's cheese

Method
1. Whisk the eggs until well combined. Add the chives and season with black pepper.
2. Place the oil in a small omelette pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, pour in the eggs. Swirl the pan gently over the heat to ensure the base of the pan is coated evenly. Use a spatula to slowly push the uncooked mixture to the edges.
3. When the omelette starts to set on the bottom, sprinkle over the goat’s cheese. Leave until almost entirely set, then fold over in the pan and slide on to a plate. Serve with a cherry tomato salad.

Each serving provides
0.5g carbohydrate 0.3g fibre 23.7g protein 27.5g fat
Recipe idea from here


~ some daffodils for you to enjoy ~
happy weekend wishes

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas and articles within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

36 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

A nice Sunday brunch idea.

Tom said...

...looks great!

Martha said...

Definitely delicious. Have a great weekend Jan!

Divers and Sundry said...

Delicious! And the perfect salad side :)

Christine said...

Yummy!

Inger said...

Wow, another one I must copy and make. But for lunch, I can't cook breakfast, just have to dive into a high carb cereal with berries and a cup of coffee. I know, not good for my diabetes management, but with my pump and glucose readers I usually manage. I'm so happy about all the great stuff you post here. Thank you.

eileeninmd said...

Looks Yummy!
Have a great weekend!

Elephant's Child said...

YUM. And thank you for the daffodils.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ive never bought goats cheese. Since it's a white cheese, I'm sure I would like it. I can see using feta, too.

DVArtist said...

Yummmmm this looks so good.

Valerie-Jael said...

So yummy! Valerie

Jo said...

Oooh yum! Yes please.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Omelets, thank you

Margarida Pires said...

Bela omelete!
Um beijinho!
Megy Maia❤🌻❤

William Kendall said...

I would go for that.

happyone said...

Delicious.
Beautiful daffodils - something to look forward too. Won't see them around here for months though!!

My name is Erika. said...

This looks absolutely amazing. An omelette is always good, but adding goat cheese is a super idea. Happy weekend.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

A unique way to add to an omelet by adding the goat cheese!

Bill said...

I love the looks of that, YUM!

Martha said...

Very yummy!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

This is a great looking omelette! I'm sure the goat cheese would be delicious. Yum!

Catarina said...

An excellent idea for a Sunday breakfast.

italiafinlandia said...

Very appetising. I sometimes make omelette, I will try this.

Phil Slade said...

If we are on one of our "make do" evening we often have omelettes, mine with 2 eggs with feta. It's a surprisingly filling meal for those of us watching our weight while trying to eat healthy. I do admit to having a piece of bread and butter though.
Enjoy your Sunday Jan and and Eddie.

Iris Flavia said...

The goat´s cheese you find here is too strong for my liking. I have mozzarella, though.
You and Jamie did well teaching me to use what I have, right. Eggs, I do have, too!

roughterrain crane said...

You say this is a simply supper. But each process in Method seems to require good skills.

Barwitzki said...

Oh yes Jan, this omelette is heavenly :-)
I'm baking quark balls - "Sächsische Quarkkeulchen" - now and we eat them with applesauce.
happy sunday to you

Hootin Anni said...

I like only provolone,cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses, and often make omelets with one and fresh veggies.

Bob Bushell said...

LOVE IT.

Rose said...

It does sound good.

bread&salt said...

Looks fingerlickingly delicious! Also presentation us perfect.

Teresa said...

Me encanta esa tortilla. Besos.

Debbie said...

this sounds so good in that i love omelets but i am not a fan of goat cheese. i enjoyed seeing the daffodils, spring is right around the corner!!

carol l mckenna said...

Not a fan of goat cheese but omelette looks yummy ~ Xo

Wishing you happiness in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

sandy said...

this looks so good. And about the post above. I love reading so my brain must be doing good. and that's good news.

Jeanie said...

Weekend my foot! I just might make this for dinner tomorrow night!