Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Courgette / Zucchini Linguini with Basil Pesto : Low Carb and so Tasty


Sharing a recipe by Rachel Morrow, she writes "Are you someone who tries and tries to be healthy but can’t get enough pasta? This recipe is for you. This greened-up take on a traditional dish will hit all the right spots, so stock up on those veggies and let’s get cooking.

Serves: 2
Yield: 3 cups
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients
4 medium courgettes / zucchini
1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups baby spinach
Pinch of unrefined sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons Cashew Hemp Basil Pesto 
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
Method
1. Spiralize the courgette/zucchini into noodles, or use a peeler to make ribbons.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
3. Lightly fry the courgette/zucchini, spinach, salt, and pepper and stir until the spinach has wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, and add the Cashew Hemp Basil Pesto and tomatoes.
5. Sprinkle with the hemp seeds before serving."
Enjoy ...
If you need help with weight/measurement conversion see here

Have you made or tried Courgette / Zucchini Fritters? See details here

~ enjoy your day ~

You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas, within this blog. It is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

21 comments:

Tom said...

...I like to spiralize!

William Kendall said...

I wonder if I will ever get around to eating zucchini.

Elephant's Child said...

This sounds very good indeed. Thank you.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I don't have a spirilizer, but I'll try with a peeler. I love anything with pesto and still have some in my freezer. This looks delicious, thank you.

Christine said...

looks healthy and delicious, love the florals.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta siempre he deseado hacer ese tipo de espaguetis. Te mando un beso.

babYpose said...

Looks delicious and nutritious, Zucchini Fritters sounds good too.

kathyinozarks said...

Oh Yum I want some

Jo said...

It looks very appetising, and healthy too.

José Antonio Sánchez Rumí said...

This recipe is very interesting, the zucchini I particularly like a lot and I eat it frequently. I will try this way.
Best regards.

eileeninmd said...

Looks delicious, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Laura. M said...

Rica receta. Me encanta.
Buen miércoles para Todos.
Un abrazo.

My name is Erika. said...

This looks yummy. I haven't had pesto for quite awhile. I can't wait for fresh basil to make some. Hope your week is going well.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I can't tell you how good this looks. Have a nice day today.

sandy said...

i will eat anything with pesto - anything!

Martha said...

This is such a great recipe! I'll have to try it.

Iris Flavia said...

Will try this as soon as I can, thank you!

speedy70 said...

Un delizioso piatto per l'estate, molto invitante!!

Jeanie said...

I've never spiraled before -- it looks really delicious and an interesting and healthy take on pasta!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

This dish covers it all- it is gluten free, vegan, healthy, low carb- what else could you ask for. Looks so delicious.

Teresa said...

Se ve un plato delicioso. Besos.