Total Pageviews

Friday 22 April 2022

The Fairy Trail ... another Grandma's tale !

I've been telling the Grandchildren I would make up a tale that once again included Koala,
and the friendly gnome, who live in their garden. So here goes!

~~ xx~~

Koala knew that a new fairy-trail was being created.
He hoped that Grandma would soon be able to meet up with the grandchildren
because he was sure they would enjoy the walk around the trail
looking high and low for the fairy doors. 


The meet up was arranged, and the weather was good.
We were all looking forward to searching for the fairy doors.


Grandson and Grand-daughter at the start of the trail


you needed to look down to spot this one


isn't this amazing - we thought he looked friendly - do you agree?


yes, that's me Jan (Grandma) having fun searching for fairy doors too 😊


I did like the ladder going up to this fairy door


this one was a little hidden, we liked the door decoration


a total of 29 fairy doors, and 9 fairy windows,
toadstools will also soon be seen along the trail,
along with some beautiful painted rocks.
Yes, we did enjoy our walk, a little bit of fairy magic
and a whole lot of imagination made for a fun afternoon. 

By the way, if you haven't already met Koala he first appeared in this post here
My love of fairies, and more, feature in this older post from 2013, see here 

The best things in life
are the people we love,
the places we've been,
and the memories we've made
along the way.

As regular readers know, this blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes!

However, not all the recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

28 comments:

Tom said...

...fairy house trails are popular here too.

William Kendall said...

Wonderfully told.

Christine said...

What a magical trail!

J.P. Alexander said...

Que bello lugar, te hace soΓ±ar. Te mando un beso y ten un genial fin de semana.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Every community should have a place where myth and things can be born.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Practical Parsimony said...

Adorable!

Valerie-Jael said...

I love trails like that, haven seen one in a long time. So pretty. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

It's me said...

Always good to make memories with your grandchildren love from me Ria and Leaf πŸ€πŸ’•πŸ€

Jo said...

Fabulous, I'd love to hunt for the fairy doors too. I like the one with the ladder. I think this is a trail which delights young and old alike.

Hilly Nicolay said...

Nice fairy tales.
Must have been a fun day.

All the best to you.

Hilly

Iris Flavia said...

What a fun post!!! Sweet.

eileeninmd said...

Cute story, The Koala is cute. Looks like a happy time with your grandchildren!
Take care, have a happy weekend!

Jeanie said...

That's just adorable. So fun and friendly and cute. Hmmm. You are giving me ideas! Maybe I should make some fairy doors up north, although I don't think they'd be nearly so cute as these! What a wondeful memory they'll have from this.

Martha said...

What a wonderful and magical post! Such a lovely way to spend time.

happyone said...

What a delightful place to go walking to find the fairy doors creating happy memories for you and your grandchildren.

CJ Kennedy said...

That must have been so fun. The doors and windows are cute.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Love the tale and the happy smiles. The fairy doors and windows are so lovely! Thank you for lettings us join the trip.

pam nash said...

I also like fairies. That fairy trail would make me happy too.

Lorrie said...

What a fun thing to do with your grandchildren. I don't know of any fairy trails around here, but I'd certainly like to visit one!

DVArtist said...

So much fun. I really enjoyed this post.

linda said...

So sweet what a lovely day.

Jenn Jilks said...

I used to make up stories for my grandies! They are getting beyond 'Gramma Stories' though!

Kim said...

It's nice to put a face to the name! Looks like a fun place for children. Thanks for sharing, Jan! Take care!

Sue said...

What a lovely walk and story. I'm sure you all had a wonderful day! Take care and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Fun60 said...

What fun for you all.

Conniecrafter said...

that looks like a fun park and that you all enjoyed a fun day together :)

Rose said...

Oh, I have so loved this...this is so cool.

sandy said...

oh wow, that was great ...you are a fun gramma. And all those fairy doors. I actually look for them at our lake and sometimes I find one or two. I'll have to check out those other links.