Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 April 2022

I didn't know that - strange but true !

As regular readers know, this blog brings a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, recipes and more! It is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. Our main focus is about the Low Carb Higher (Healthy) Fat lifestyle, LCHF for short, and you can read/find out more about that here

But today for a change I thought let's have some midweek trivia! So here are ten strange but true facts! Did you know any of these facts?

Warner Bros cancelled “Home Alone” because they didn’t want to spend $14 million on it. 21st Century Fox continued the production, and the film grossed $476 million worldwide. This film was a family favourite in our house 😊


The Flintstones was the most profitable network cartoon franchise for 30 years, that’s before The Simpsons came along.

Eight of the ten largest statues in the world are of Buddhas

It took the creator of the Rubik’s Cube, Erno Rubik, one month to solve the cube after creating it; as of June 2018, the world record is 4.22 seconds.

People don’t sneeze in their sleep due to their brain shutting down the reflex.

However, if you sneeze while traveling at 60 mph, your eyes are closed for an average of 50 feet.

The brain is our fattiest organ and is composed of nearly 60% fat.

Your nose is always visible to you, but your brain ignores it through a process called Unconscious Selective Attention.

Marmite was one of the most confiscated items at airports from the U.K. – to overcome this issue, Marmite made smaller ones for traveling. Marmite seems to be a love it or hate it food, and now there are different varieties 

Tyromancy is the practice of predicting the future with cheese.

I don't know about predicting the future with cheese,
but the mention of cheese made me think of this recipe for 
Cheese-Crusted Omelette
more details here
 

~ Happy Midweek Wishes ~ Enjoy Your Day ~

A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Tom said...

...I didn't know these, but a few didn't surprise me.

William Kendall said...

I'll have to have omelette for breakfast tomorrow.

Christine said...

I enjoyed your facts today Jan...brain is fat, Home Alone, and sneezing are my favourites!

J.P. Alexander said...

Ruica receta y no sabia los datos que nos cuenta. Te mando un beso.

Susan Kane said...

One funny movie! Well done.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, there are a lot of interesting facts I was unfamiliar with. Thanks for enlightening me, Jan.

Elephant's Child said...

Most of these facts were new to me - but I am not suprised about the statues of Buddha. Some of them are very beautiful too.

Jo said...

Some very strange facts there, who knew that you could predict the future with cheese.

linda said...

Very interesting I didn't know any of those facts, the omelette looks yummy.

eileeninmd said...

Interesting facts! The omelette looks yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanie said...

I don't think I knew any of these, so thanks for today's dose of "things I would never know without blogging!"

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Interesting facts.
I think my brain treats my body mirror image like a nose...selects to take off several pounds. :)

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed reading all these fascinating facts Jan, and the recipe :) Thank you!

DVArtist said...

Always nice to read about facts I didn't know about. Have a great day today.

pam nash said...

Nope didn't know any of those things. However, have now added them to my "semi-useless information for use at awkward times" mental file. Thank you!

Mary Kirkland said...

I didn't know that either.

Kinga K. said...

Nice curiosities ❤

Dewena said...

I did not know a single one of these but after reading them I'm being bugged by noticing that my nose is there! Hopefully that won't last long!

My name is Erika. said...

This was a fun read. Thanks!

Bill said...

Interesting facts and some I didn't know.

Lee said...

I did not know all of that!!!

Martha said...

This was fun to read! I was a HUGE fan of The Flintstones when I was a kid. I watched every episode several times. And cheese-crusted omelette! Yes, please!

Rose said...

I love reading oddball facts...I had never heard of Marmite. Or the predicting the future with cheese. Well, I had not heard of any of them. I thought I had put a cartoon on my blog but I cannot find it. It is one you would laugh at I think. It is a rhino painting pictures...and in every one her horn is in the photo so she could not ignore it.

Kim said...

Hahaha!! Cheese predictions sound silly, but as a cheese lover, I'm game!! Thanks for the fun facts, Jan. I love this kind of post!

Conniecrafter said...

Fun Facts, warner bros. is probably kicking themselves for not finishing the film.
I didn't realize we don't sneeze at night but I had heard about the sneezing while driving and ever since I take my foot off the gas pedal when I feel a sneeze coming on :)

bread&salt said...

This film (Home alone) was a family favourite in our house too. Thanks for the article. Greetings.

Sondra said...

I enjoyed all your fun facts...I enjoy Home Alone, and got both DVD's this year to become a holiday tradition for myself to enjoy! I have sneezing "fits" as I call it, where I can sometimes sneeze 20 times straight...it's very painful to be honest!!

carol l mckenna said...

Cheese to me belongs in the omelette ~ not fortune telling ~ LOL ~ Great trivia ~ didn't know ~ Xo

Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Snowbird said...

What fun facts, especially the sneezing ones, who knew you couldn't sneeze in your sleep.xxx

Teresa said...

Todos tus datos son muy interesantes. Besos.

baili said...

dear Jan what a an amazing sharing ,i enjoyed each bit of it thoroughly

none of it was in my knowledge to be honest ,i smiled when you mentioned nose as i think i have a big nose and it is hard to ignore lol
home alone was favorite movie of whole family either :)