- Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a progressive neurodegenerative disease, currently with no effective therapy.
- The brain is an obligate glucose user. AD is associated with impaired cerebral glucose metabolism.
- Ketones are an alternative source of cerebral fuel.
- Medium chain triglyceride oil (MCT) is a nutritional source of ketones.
- This study suggests consistent MCT oil intake stabilizes cognition in AD subjects, especially in mild to moderate disease.
- This is the longest duration MCT AD study to date. Eighty percent had stabilization or improvement in cognition, and better response with 9‐month continual MCT oil.
All the best Jan