Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 April 2022

Feta Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers : Tasty Low Carb Vegetarian Food

A super tasty vegetarian dinner that you can prepare in no time. Green bell peppers stuffed with a creamy feta cheese filling, with a touch of mint, olives and smooth tanginess. Yum! Hearty and healthy comfort food at its best, baked to perfection...


Ingredients
Serves Two
(11g carbs per serving)
2 green bell peppers
11 oz. / 300g feta cheese
10 green olives pitted and chopped
2 eggs
½ tablespoon dried mint
1 teaspoon hot sauce
Serving
1 oz. / 30g leafy greens
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch sea salt
Instructions
can be found here

Hot sauce, also known as chili sauce or pepper sauce, is any condiment, seasoning or salsa made from chili peppers and other ingredients... read more about it here

Feta is the most well-known cheese in Greece. It is a soft, white, brined cheese that is very nutritious and is an excellent source of calcium. As part of Mediterranean cuisine, this cheese is used in all sorts of dishes — from appetizers to desserts — because it can enhance the taste of foods... read more about feta cheese here


~ enjoy your day ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

27 comments:

Rose said...

Just the photo alone makes want one!

Tom said...

...I enjoy stuffed peppers and this looks like a good choice.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Nunca he hecho pimientos rellenos. Lo hare pronto. Te mando un beso.

Elephant's Child said...

Not for me. I can only enjoy capsicums raw.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never use mint much in cooking.
Coffee is on and stay safe

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful recipe and may just make some here

Iris Flavia said...

Great idea! (Think Hubby will stick to "his" recipe, but I´ll show him!)

Teresa said...

Buena receta. Feliz fin de semana.

Jo said...

Yum, they look delicious. You had me at feta. I'd have to leave the olives out though.

Martha said...

What a wonderful recipe!

Caroline said...

The recipe is looking delicious and healthy. Thank you for your visits on my blog.

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks so delicious. Have a great weekend, Valerie

eileeninmd said...

I love the stuffed peppers, this sounds like a great recipe.
Have a happy weekend!

Christine said...

This looks so good!

Magaly Guerrero said...

It sounds and looks delicious. I have some huge peppers my boy brought me yesterday. I suspect they'll get stuffed!

Mary Kirkland said...

I like seeing what people will come up with to stuff into these vegetables. Some are great.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Oh my, feta and mint sounds good!

William Kendall said...

Sounds good.

My name is Erika. said...

Yummy!

Hilly Nicolay said...

Stuffed peppers are delicious.
I haven't made them with feta cheese yet.

Greetings and happy Sunday to you.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

I love... Happy Sunday and week ahead...

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I really enjoy stuffed peppers with all kind of fillings I'll bet the cheese stuffing is delicious. I usually make mine with rice and vegetables, but feta cheese is a favorite of my family.

DMS said...

These sound absolutely amazing to this vegetarian. :) YUM! Thanks for sharing.
~Jess

Lee said...

Yum! Yum!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh another delish vegetable recipe ~ Xo



Wishing you love and laughter in all your days,

A ShutterBut Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Conniecrafter said...

Haven't had stuffed green peppers in a long time, never had it with feta cheese or mint though

Jeanie said...

Oh Jan, what a wonderful combination of flavors. This look fabulous!