Total Pageviews

Friday 11 August 2023

Fish : Two Ways

Here I share two recipe suggestions for fish you may enjoy.
However, for readers who may prefer to eat chicken, pork, vegetarian or vegan
there are links to choices at the end of this post 😊

Mediterranean Roasted Cod

Ingredients
Serves Two
1 lb cod, boneless fillets
4 oz. cherry tomatoes, preferably on the vine
1 garlic clove, sliced
4 tbsp olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
1 tbsp small capers
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
½ tsp chili flakes
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp lemon zest
Tip
Take the fish out of the fridge 15-20 minutes before cooking.
This will take the chill off and allow it to cook more evenly.
Instructions
can be seen here

Herby fishcakes with courgette/zucchini salad


Ingredients
Courgette/Zucchini salad
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 red chili pepper, or a pinch of chili flakes
1 garlic clove, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
Fishcakes
600 g white fish fillets fillets (For example cod, haddock or halibut)
1 (110 g) medium white onion, roughly chopped
7 g fresh mint, roughly chopped
7 g fresh cilantro, or fresh parsley, stalks and leaves, roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil or ghee
Instructions
can be seen here

You may like to see these recipe suggestions
Chicken - see here
Pork - see here
Vegetarian - see here
Vegan - see here

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

28 comments:

happyone said...

I don't like to cook fish but if someone would make it for me I'd love these dishes.

Anonymous said...

I think I will make the first suggestion.
Thanks for including the alternative non fish choices.

Wishing you a happy day Jan.

Tina

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. And thank your for the alternatives too.

Christine said...

Both look good

peppylady (Dora) said...

Once in while I will make up salmon cake.

Coffee is on, and stay safe.

The Happy Whisk said...

These dishes look refreshing, too!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la recetas te mando un beso

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Your first dish reminds me of a recipe a friend used to make. He added mixed dried herbs. however, one evening he was making for us and his wife passed him the dried nettles by mistake We discovered that evening. What a useful flavouring Nettle tea could be.

roentare said...

Refreshing dishes to look at. Feels good just by looking at them

Margaret D said...

Both look good.

aussie aNNie said...

These look scrumptious x

eileeninmd said...

Cod is one of my favorites.
Thanks for sharing the recipes.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Donna said...

Love fish, anything...mostly!lol
hugs
Donna

My name is Erika. said...

These both look pretty good to me! Happy FRiday.

Jenn Jilks said...

You do inspire with recipes. I need some inspiration!

CJ Kennedy said...

With zucchini coming in from the garden, I like the zucchini salad recipe. Thanks for sharing

Divers and Sundry said...

The fish cakes look especially good to me.

Bill said...

Both look great.

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy recipes! Hugs, Valerie

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I love fish, both dishes look good.

Anonymous said...

Tom said...
...the Mediterranean Roasted Cod looks like a work of art.

Teresa said...

Muy buenas recetas. Besos.

Martha said...

These dishes look great! I'm way overdue for some fish.

William Kendall said...

Oh, not for me.

Conniecrafter said...

I think hubby would enjoy the first one ;)

Anonymous said...

Jeanie said...
The only fish I am confident cooking is salmon so I'm definitely saving this post! I've got to try this one

Debbie said...

that cod looks delicious!!! i love cod!!!

Pam said...

Wow, it all looks so good.