Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 July 2016

Hazelnut and Chocolate Cake with Raspberries : And this one is LCHF


If you follow this blog you may have already seen some recipe suggestions from Ewelina, who is a Type 1 diabetic. A while ago she came up with this delicious recipe, and she describes it as:
A "Beautiful chocolate torte. Based on hazelnuts and sweetened with erythritol guarantees diabetic friendly nutritional values. Rich, dense and irresistible teatime treat that is surprisingly easy to make. This cake brings together the flavour of chocolate, hazelnuts and raspberries. Can't think of any better combination!"

These are the ingredients you will need:
4 eggs
200g butter
200g hazelnuts (roasted and ground)
150 dark chocolate
150g erythritol


And for the topping:
80 g dark chocolate
30g butter

Nutritional Details:
Whole Cake:

Carbohydrates 93g Protein 85g Fat 428g Calories 4667
One Slice (1/16 of the cake)
Carbohydrates 5.8g Protein 5.3g Fat 27g Calories 291

To see details of preparation / cooking please use this link here

Did you know ... Roasting hazelnuts, or filberts, will remove some of the moisture in the nut, allowing it to have a more crunchy texture, and the natural fats in the nut will turn the nut brown. Roasted hazelnuts have a nuttier flavour, but over-roasting them can result in burned or bitter nuts. Roasted hazelnuts can be used in recipes or eaten as they are. You can read more, including a step by step guide, on how to roast hazelnuts by either; Roasting them in a Pan or Oven, or over an open fire and also skinning the hazelnut here

Now where's my small slice of this delicious lchf cake ...


... enjoy

All the best Jan

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, this cake looks delicious. The roasted hazelnuts sound wonderful too. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

baili said...

Cant wait to have dear
So yummy so mouth watering
Have blessed week ahead

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks good Jan. We ate chocolate cake this weekend, P's birthday cake, not nearly as healthy as this one 😃

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jan, I am enjoying reading your blog. I had trouble years ago with high blood sugar --but took hold of my life, lost a lot of weight and started exercising... NO problems since --but I am careful. I try to stay away from the 'bad' carbs --and eat lots of protein. Works for me.

That cake looks AWESOME... Made my mouth water.

Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

Mmmmmmmmmm! I've a weakness for chocolate.

Nature helps soothe me. There are so many beautiful things to see from a grain of sand to the largest mountain.

Good helpers are a must. It's difficult to get those big jobs accomplished alone.

Andrew love to play and is completely self taught and plays by ear.

Have a very blessed week.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely looking cake, and raspberries too. Thanks for another very good recipe idea.

Jenny S

Summer said...

This looks so enticing ♥ Yummy

summerdaisy.net

happyone said...

Oh my doesn't that look good!!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Jan, chocolate cake is one of my favorite desserts, and this one with raspberries looks incredible! I'm a chocolate lover, so your post made me smile right away. :)

Have a peaceful Sunday, dear, and thank you for your good wishes for the wedding. It's coming up very soon.

~Sheri

Crafty Green Poet said...

chocolate and raspberries - one of my favourite sweet flavour combinations!

Sandra Cox said...

OMG. I'd love a big glass of icy milk and the WHOLE cake.
Happy Sunday:)

Snowbird said...

Oh....I need this, and I need it NOW!xxx

The Happy Whisk said...

The berries on top, look pretty.

Dewena said...

It looks heavenly! A triple flavor combination that I love.

Launna said...

Jan if I was not eating a certain amount of calories, I would so try this... it looks so moist and delicious and I adore raspberries, this looks divinely yummy xox

Thank you for the birthday wishes... and I totally understand being behind due to a busy life... I took 4 days off to get things done in my life... it feels good, we all need that time xox

Lisa said...

Fresh raspberries on chocolate cake, who could resist?!
Lisa x