Total Pageviews

Monday 18 July 2016

Rise and Shine !

Does anyone remember the 'catch-phrase' on the old 1950's advert 'Go To Work On An Egg' ?

Well, I do and to this day I think it’s an eggscellent idea ... sorry couldn’t resist that!


When reading some of my other blog posts, you may have seen my many references to starting my day with a great breakfast. Perhaps some ham and eggs, low carb sausage and eggs, scrambled eggs, poached eggs, soft boiled eggs ... the recipes where eggs can be incorporated into a tasty breakfast are quite numerous!

A single large boiled egg contains
Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
Folate: 5% of the RDA.
Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA.
Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA.
Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA.
Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA. 
Selenium: 22% of the RDA. 

Eggs contain decent amounts of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium and Zinc. 
Eggs also contain various other trace nutrients that are important for health.
So 77 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats.
Eggs are pretty much the perfect food, as they contain a little bit of almost every nutrient we need.

If you can get your hands on pastured or Omega-3 enriched eggs, then these are even better, because they have more Omega-3s and are much higher in Vitamin A and E.



So 'Rise and Shine' - why not consider starting your day with an egg

All the best Jan

8 comments:

Martha said...

I like a good omelet and some scrambled eggs but that's as far as I can go with eggs! Happy Monday!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Eggs are so good! I have them in the evening, as my stomach does not like a heavy breakfast. I cook 'breakfast for dinner' or make a quiche. Yum! Hope your week is lovely. x Karen

happyone said...

Don't remember that saying but I do like an egg once in a while. : ) My eggs of choice are scrambled.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I had an egg omelet for lunch. I sauteed veggies and put them in the center along with some sharp cheddar cheese. Oh my...it was SO good! Love your suggestions!

Debbie said...

Cooked any way, or deviled with avacado, I never met an egg I didn't love!!!!

And breakfast for dinner is the best!!!!

Phil Slade said...

Love an omelette. It's so quick and very tasty

Conniecrafter said...

I do love eggs, we even have breakfast for our dinner meals :)

Lisa said...

I cooked eggs in mushrooms from the recipe you posted a couple of weeks ago. Loved them and will definitely be doing them again.
Lisa x