Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 March 2022

Answers to March Quiz Plus ... a recipe for meatball, lentil and cabbage hotpot

Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.


Did you know the answers? Well, as promised here are the answers to the seven questions. For ease I have repeated the questions ...

1. What is the birth flower of March?
Daffodil

2. Symbolizing courage, name March's birthstone?
Aquamarine or bloodstone

3. What's the zodiac signs for early March until March 20? And what about the sign for the latter part of March?
Pisces (until March 20) and Aries (March 21 onwards)

4. 'Dear March - Come in', was a poem by which reclusive 19th Century American poet?
Emily Dickinson

5. On what date in March is Saint Patrick's Day?
17th March

6. Complete the saying: 'March comes in like a lion and goes out like a ....'?
Lamb

7. The lives of the four March sisters feature in which famous novel?
Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)

How did you do? Before I researched the answers I knew four 😊

... and now on to a tasty recipe suggestion, which you may wish to try.

Meatball, Lentil and Cabbage Hotpot
A Comforting and Tasty Dish


Ingredients
Serves Four
1 tbsp oil
560 g ready-made beef meatballs with tomato sauce and Parmesan
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika, plus an extra pinch to garnish
390 g carton chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano
500 ml beef stock
120 g dried green lentils
14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra to garnish
0.25 Savoy cabbage, shredded
1 courgette (zucchini), trimmed, halved horizontally, and cut into crescents
4 tsp 50% (less fat) crème fraîche
Instructions
more details can be seen here

A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

27 comments:

Tom said...

...there's little chance that I will remember these!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta y las respuestas te mando un beso.

Practical Parsimony said...

I knew five. March is my mother's birthday.

Conniecrafter said...

I did not know that daffodils are the birth flower for March

Rose said...

I am ashamed to say I only knew three, but to be honest, if I had not had a brain freeze I would have at least known Aries. That is my husband's sign as well as my childhood friends.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Somehow I managed to get behind and didn't see the previous post. I knew the answers to all but number 4. I had never heard that Dickinson poem before. Great quiz, though.

Christine said...

Thanks for the answers and that dish looks delicious!

Jo said...

4 for me too. Better than I usually do on these monthly quizzes, haha.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The meal looks yummy. I had a few answers right.
Take care, have a great day!

My name is Erika. said...

Those meatballs and lentil look yummy. And I did pretty good on the March quiz. Hope with all the sadness in the world right now there's been something good in the start of the new month for you.

Jeanie said...

Five of them right! Better than I expected. Love these monthly quizzes!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love the quizzes. March lowest score thus far. :)
Making meatballs today!

Inger said...

I knew four answers too. And that dish looks like a wonderful dinner for a cold evening.

Pam said...

Yum on the meal. As for the March, I love aquamarine. I used to have a ring with that stone in it. So pretty and soft looking.

R's Rue said...

Yum.

kathyinozarks said...

your dish looks delicious I knew the answers except for the poem

sandy said...

Lots of info on March. I always like your run down on the meaning of the month.

linda said...

I got four which is good for me, that recipe looks yummy.

happyone said...

I got four right! I enjoy your little quizzes. :)

Creations By Cindy said...

I only knew 4 of these answers and only because we have family birthdays in March. That dish looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Nas said...

Wow, the dish is yummy!

William Kendall said...

And the three I had were right. I have never had lentil.

Snowbird said...

I got four!xxx

Carla from The River said...

I enjoy your month posts, this quiz was fun.
Thank you for the recipe.

Debbie said...

these are so fun and the recipe looks delicious!!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jan, :=) I only got three right, but it was a great quiz, and you learn something new each time. The recipe looks good.:=9

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Such a beautiful photo and the recipe sounds delicious.