Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 March 2022

Gratins : Six Lower Carb Choices

Gratins taste so good and work well as a side dish or main course.
Below you will find six recipe choices, I hope you may like to try one or all of them 😋


Turnip Gratin
more details here


Celeriac and Walnut Gratin
more details here


Celeriac Gratin
more details here


Cauliflower, Leek and Cheese Gratin
more details here


Cauliflower, Leek and Broccoli Cheese Gratin
more details here


Courgette / Zucchini Gratin
more details here

Have you a favourite one here?
Perhaps you have your own recipe - why not share it in the comments below.

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Tom said...

...the Zucchini Gratin would be my favorite.

William Kendall said...

I still have never had leek.

Anonymous said...

I love zucchini, therefore I think I'd like that zucchini dish the best!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por las recetas. Te mando un beso.

aussie aNNie said...

Oh my oh my what a range of lovely recipes. xx

Conniecrafter said...

You know I never really cared for Au Gratin potatoes when I was growing up and I never made them since I have been an adult

Chatty Crone said...

They all look so GOOD!

Christine said...

They all look good!

Jo said...

Well they all look absolutely delicious, I'd be spoilt for choice.

eileeninmd said...

They all look delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Take care, have a great day!

linda said...

They all look amazing I think I'll try the cauliflower one.

My name is Erika. said...

These look yummy. I love potatoes but I do try to eat less of them. These sounds like a great way to do that. Hope you're having a great week. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I never see celeeric around here and wonder if it might not be more common in Europe. These all look good, but what's not to love when cheese is involved?!

CJ Kennedy said...

I wish I liked cheese.

R's Rue said...

I want them all.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

All of these look quite delicious, and my preferences would be for the cauliflower and then the zucchini gratins, although not necessarily in that order Jan.

carol l mckenna said...

Love zucchini ~ sounds delish ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of love and peace in your days,

A ShutterBig Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lorrie said...

I love gratins of all sorts! I make one with diced carrots, celery, onions, and sometimes zucchini, all steamed lightly, then add a sauce and bake it. Yum.

Sue said...

They all look delicious!! xx

Bill said...

Cauliflower, leek and cheese gratin would be my choice.

Debbie said...

these look so yummy, all of them! i like mixing several vegetable together, but here the zucchini would be my favorite!!

Mary Kirkland said...

I love zucchini. I still have to find celeriac.

Snowbird said...

They do look good. I'll try some of these with oat milk.xxx

happyone said...

They all look delicious but I think the zucchini would be my favorite.

Rose said...

The ones with cauliflower are so appealing.

Fun60 said...

They all look delicious but Cauliflower, leek and cheese would be my favourite.

DVArtist said...

Yum... all of these look fantastic.

Iris Flavia said...

There is nothing better than getting gratin! I have some cheese in the fridge and I will use it "HOT"!

Hilly Nicolay said...

Everything looks good.

All the best,
Hilly

Martha said...

Wow! An assortment of amazing recipes!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

The cauliflower ones sound really good to me, Jan!